Bulbs think it is spring!

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

I've got Crocus and Galanthus today!
Attachments
galanthuspaddy.JPG
crocii.JPG
crocus.JPG
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Well. we Northwesterners didn't do so good in the Super Bowl today but we were there and only one other team can say that. We had sun today and as Karma has told you , we have had alot of rainy days, and I was ready for sun. Got outside and checked my green house, lots of stuff growing and out in my shade garden signs of spring showing. It has been a relatively warm winter, guess that is why there are so many signs of spring out there. We are supposed to have a couple more days of sun, so tomorrow I get out in the garden again. Gonna do some re-organizing in the yard, got to make it a little easier. but my shade garden stays the same. If the bones will co-operate, I might get a head start on my garden. 8-)
Lovin' the great northwest!
jebouck

Post by jebouck »

Well, we knew it would happen! Those of you who follow the national weather can see an Arctic Clipper ripping into Eastern Wa. 2 degrees this morning with a chill factor of -23.
I managed to cover all the Alliums (5" up) and the rest of the bulb garden with a huge tarp before the storm hit.
The Hostas are on their own.
The tulips and daffs are also out in the wind and snow, and a few of them had buds. :eek:
It's gonna be interesting to see what survives this spring.
jb
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

As long as they are not unfurled they will take no harm :D

If they are unfurled and you will have a hard frost, they will look sort of transparant and last less time.

I have crocus in the garden showing color from mid Devember, but they are still not unfurled and will grow again when they like the temps :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply