OC's Crazy plants think it is spring already

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC's Crazy plants think it is spring already

Post by oldcoot »

Yhis 50-7o* weather is bring up plants WAY too early.Ourf worst weather is usually the last two wedeks of January and February with a late freeze or SNOW in March

Do enjoy while they last ! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Attachments
Dutch Iris.jpg
Anenonae-06.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Ours look like that too! Come on spring! :cool:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o hope they don't get hit.....can you put them in the garage or something?
oldcoot

Unfortunately not.

Post by oldcoot »

It's full of JUNK.So the good Lord will just have to take care of them, like HE does the Old Coot and Joy.,..

John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

relax,they are dutch... and they have late frost in April :wink:

They will be just fine
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
oldcoot

OC lucked out

Post by oldcoot »

Snow and ice stayed west and north of us. Sure glad ist did. C louds almost broke about 12.00 PM, andc the temp was b ack up to 50*, sxo he went on the deck to sdee what he could find to take pictures of. These are what he found Thank you Lord

(All are with my Minolta as i can see where to put it on automatic,Can't do that with my new one yet)
Attachments
!cid_002a01c6365d$d56ce5e0$922c3540@hpxt973.jpg
!cid_00cc01c63663$25c57e80$922c3540@hpxt973.jpg
oldcoot

Moved to birdc forum

Post by oldcoot »

Posted in the wrong place sorry.OC
Attachments
!cid_003601c6365e$1a9f6fc0$922c3540@hpxt973.jpg
Last edited by oldcoot on Mar 07, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Coot!!

Well every one of your pictures are clear as a bell on auto! That first one is really pretty! I love all the nice frames you put around them!! Boy, your hyacinth are poking up so cute! :D Lucky You!!:P

Hope you feeling better & better every day! :D

Thanks for sharing!! :D
oldcoot

OC is Lucky

Post by oldcoot »

Since he can almost see well enough to take pictures and edit them, he MUST be coming along. COME ONE SPRING.
What is it now, 29 more days, lost track while sick... :bd: :bd: :D :D

That OLd COot saying thanks to miss Lucy for asking
about him..Coot
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Great pics, OC. Looking forward to more of them! :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
oldcoot

Well the magic day is now down to 13 isn't it ??

Post by oldcoot »

May start up the end of the week. Calling for 80+ degrees. Our problem is we STILL are having below 30* NIGHTS.
OC posted a picture in the hosta forum showing some his "POINTS" that got frozen. OC's dear sweet loving wife, found him a Yard MAN and NOW he can breathe easier. As a matter of fact even as OC types this, he in the yard, pplanting pansies, and starting to get the leaves out of the beds.. RAYYYYYY way to go sweet wife.

This is a tulip on his dek and anothers of his Crocus....

Tha's right eveerybody, COME ON SPRING.

Thagt Old Coot named John
Attachments
Signs of Spring.jpg
O6 Young Tulip.jpg
oldcoot

Poor Old COot

Post by oldcoot »

Got it wrong again. It was supposed to be a Crocus, will find and repost..John
oldcoot

Noows he got it right !!

Post by oldcoot »

Pretty Crocus on OC 's deck John
Attachments
Crocus - Spring Blooms.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

My goodness, John....those pictures with the new camera are so clear! Your crocus are pretty!! Would you believe I don't have any crocus planted here? :oops: I have bulbs in the garage. Does that count? :lol: I say it every year, too, and then if I get them on sale, they don't get planted.... :oops: ...I blame the back....:lol:

Thanks for sharing, and I don't know how many days till spring, but it's not far!! :D
oldcoot

You won't have THAT excuse now...

Post by oldcoot »

Actjually OC didn't have as many come up in that pot as he thought he would. But thern he bought them at discount prices. OC 's new yard helped was blowing off the beds today and OC may see some more out there tomorrow when he comes back to do some more work. OC does have a sweet wife, for finding him some help and for thoat he just orderedc her some Rosess. Not just for that, but also for her Birthday which is Friday. Really sweet wife deserves ROSS. Will try to make some pictures of them and post on the Garden Bench John
oldcoot

Joy is to take OC out in the Yard Tomorrow

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D To let him take some pictures. WIll check on what is up out there. He can see from the Sun Porch the Hellbores are blooming. In the mean time these Dutch Iris
just keep growing....Looks like a good crop this year....

OC
Attachments
O6 Dutch Iris.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:cool: Love the frames on the pictures!!! :P
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Thanks Lucy. Since OC has to resize his pictures anyway, he sends himself an E-Mail from PS when he edits it,and when it arrives, there it is, all Framed and Resized......John
oldcoot

More of OC 's efforts at Capturing Spring.

Post by oldcoot »

:bd: :bd: Still right Giddy about the new Camera. These were made with the smal lens (18-55 mm ( that came with the XT. OC finally found out that it made good pictures too, once he put down his "Biggie" He is also posting some Helbores in the shade group and some Pansies in the Annual group

Do enjoy......John, that Old Coot
Attachments
Yard Hyacinthss.jpg
March 03-06 2 tone Dafcfd.jpg
oldcoot

What OC thought were Tulips

Post by oldcoot »

:bd: :bd: :bd: were actually these beautiful Hyacinths...
OC 's Deck -03-06 Do Enjoy...............OC
Attachments
Hyacinths-Deck-03-06-0C.jpg
New Topic Post Reply