Did I kill it?

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Kas

Did I kill it?

Post by Kas »

Well, I planted the little 'Sunset' oxalis I got at the garden show for Heather. And we had a hard frost (or two :oops: ) and now it is a bleached white pile of oxalis bones. Will the root survive? I haven't had the heart to tell Heather it is dead. At least it sure looks it. Anyone have any experience with this one? Is there hope?

Thanks,
Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Kas, ours die back to the ground and come back. If yours don't I now where you can get more, we have white and pink blooming ones.
Kas

Post by Kas »

KHT, this one was golden orange with yellow flowers. I am sure I can find another one somewhere. It's just that it was Heather's suprise from the garden show and cost $4.00. Here's hoping it comes back.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

They do not like our normal frost thaw winters and only the very hardy ones - planted in sandy soil survive :cry:

Hope it come back
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply