Coneflowers

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

midnight, I ordered it through a co-op ... thought about it ... decided I had enough cone flowers ... cancelled the order. :oops:
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Canceled the order!!!! Ahhh........

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Only one coneflower has arrived and it's 'After Midnight.' I didn't order that. I wonder when and if I'll get the others. 'After Midnight' is a very pretty dwarf. I don't mind having it, but I want to have a variety of colors like I ordered.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
Midnight Reiter Too

toomanyanimals wrote:midnight, I ordered it through a co-op ... thought about it ... decided I had enough cone flowers ... cancelled the order. :oops:
Oh, dear! The only thing I have too many of is weeds! :lol:
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Of course I had to replace all that I left at the old house so I am in cone flower heaven here. Though it dawned on me I have no Purple ones!! DUH!! :lol:

I got my Sunset from Chris and is doing very well.

I got Fragrant Angel, Summer Sky, After Midnight, Sunrise, Sundown, Twilight(the one I brought died) and Harvest Moon from Crownsville Nursery online. Sunrise & Summer Sky are both about to bloom. These have been planted almost a month now.

Got White Swan & Rubinstern from Bluestone Perennials growing but very small plants. Hvae had them a couple of weeks.

I didn't pay attention to After Midnight being so short when I ordered it but it sure looked pretty.

Hope you get the rest of your order soon!!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Midnight Reiter Too

Well, all I've received so far is Summer Sky and After Midnight. But I found a couple of tall pink ones locally. One is Ruby Giant and I think the other one is Bright Star. I never found the butterfly bush that I wanted. I'll look for it next year. It's exciting to buy new plants but you can't get good photos for a couple of years. :(

I've been good about wearing sunscreen this year! :cool:
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

I use the Nanho Blue Butterfly Bush. It is a smaller variety 4-5 feet tall & wide, but I get it through mail order because I can never find it locally. I found Green Eyes Echinacea at Lowes. It is a really pretty bright pink and a little shorter in the 26 -30 inches tall range. The butter fly bush is at the corner of the Border. In the border around the echinacea I have used 2 Nepeta Walker's Low and May Night Salvia.

My Summer Sky and Green Eyes had their first bloom and I am very happy with how the coloring has held up as mine are in full sun from about noon until 7pm

Claudia
Claudia
Midnight Reiter Too

I'm not sure I got all of my order. I didn't keep track. I just got 'Summer Sky' this spring, but according to this thread I had it last summer, too. I think I was mistaken about last year's flower; maybe it was 'Sunset' instead of 'Summer Sky.' This spring, my 'Sunrise' arrived. I also bought a second 'Sunrise' because I hadn't received the mailorder one at that time. I should have ordered a butterfly bush because I can't find one that I like.
Gardentoad
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Gardentoad »

False indigo has a pretty blue flower and is tall.
I grew mine from seeds
Never before have so few with so much promised to take away so much from so many and then laugh their asses off as the so many with so little vote for the so few with so much.

---James Pence
New Topic Post Reply