I'll have regrets, won't I?

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Midnight Reiter Too

I'll have regrets, won't I?

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

I planted sedum groundcover. It looks so nice, but it won't when grass and weeds show up in the midst. I'll be sorry, won't I?
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Perhaps not . . . I don't know what kind of sedum you planted, but I've had a few that were so thick they smothered out everything else and started spreading where I didn't want them! :o
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

Midnight, What kind did you Plant?

I planted Sedum Acre and Dragon's Blood and love them both. They are kind of slow growing, but very thick.

I also have Sedum Tri-color and I am not very excited about that one. I'm thinking of ripping it up. It is not a very thick covering at all. Also, each leaf is pretty, but the overall look is kind of straggley.
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
Midnight Reiter Too

I planted sedum Blue Spruce. I'm not crazy about the flowers though.
ademink

Post by ademink »

I'm not a huge fan of yellow flowers in general but my Blue Spruce sedum is a really beautiful ground cover!
Help! I'm being held hostage!

My Hosta List
Midnight Reiter Too

Hoiw do we keep grass and weeds out of it?
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I love my Blue Spruce! Patrushka gave me some a while back....It has cool flowers...they reach tall above the low part......Mine is forming the flowers now and should be in bloom soon.....I love all the different sedums...

Good Luck! :D
chickweedo

Post by chickweedo »

I have lots of sedum reflexum (blue spruce) and it is more of a case of the sedum invading the lawn :lol: and the gravel driveway and anwhere else. It is pretty "vigourous" but not that hard to pull out if it gets out of hand. Darn near impossible to kill, very drought tolerant and looks nice with various othr plants. I have found with fround cover stuff if you are dilgent with edgings to keep the grass from creeping in to an area and really go at the grass in the spring if you see any cropping up you can usually keep it tidy. You usually have to pull a fair bit of the sedum to keep it tidy and I find with the reflexum if you pull on the flower stalks after it has bloomed it will eiliminate some of the leggier branches and let it thicken up a bit. I like palnting the reflexum so that it is sanwished inbetween rock crevices and spills over rock edgings - it looks very cool.
New Topic Post Reply