A couple pictures

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

A couple pictures

Post by JaneG »

Here are two pictures from my garden this evening.

The first is an Epimedium. In 2006 I posted here asking for recommendations for dry shade. I would REALLY like to thank whomever recommended Epimediums. I picked up two but was skeptical that something so fragile-looking was going to survive. Well, they did and I think they are just the funniest, cutest little plant. They are so dainty looking, holding their leaves and blooms on tiny little stems that are no bigger than a wire. But they are kind of stiff and when the wind blows the leaves just twitter in the breeze. For some reason, these little things make me smile. :D

The second picture is I believe a Euphorbia of some sort. They were here before me and I wasn't familiar with the plant. From the original plant I've split off quite a few new ones and they always thrive no matter what conditions I put them in. Euphorbia's come in all sorts of varieties, with dissimilar looks, so if anyone can confirm that's what this is, I'd appreciate it.
Attachments
Euphorbia.jpg
Epimedium.jpg
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Euphorbia polychroma, I believe. I put off moving one for years, fearing that I would lose it. Last fall it had to go, so I hauled it out of the ground, divided it in half, and replanted. Both sections came up beautifully this spring, and I have two small plants that came up where the original one was planted. Now I have two more of them to move somewhere else! They make such a bright splash in the spring, and the fall color is great too.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow Jane....How pretty!! I just yesterday planted me a Euphorbia.....Now I'd have to go look at the tag as for the variety.....I bought the same one though, last year at Chris's and stupid me...left it in the pot and it died.... :evil: .....I saw this one again, and grabbed it......Yours is very pretty and I am glad I did get it....even if I did buy it twice now.... :roll:

Thanks for sharing!!! :P
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

:lol: :lol: :lol: LucyGoose had another blonde moment!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

How pretty!

They are so bright and cheerful. Lovely shots.

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Very pretty. Thanks for mentioning the dry shade. I could use one of those also.

One learns so much on this forum and gets to smile at the same time.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

JaneG wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: LucyGoose had another blonde moment!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay Missy.......what blond moment?? Me buying it twice?? :lol: :lol: I HAD to because I killed them in the pot..... :lol: :lol:

Yep, I laugh all the time......like Patrushka! :lol: :lol: :wink:
Gruntfuttock

Post by Gruntfuttock »

I "discovered" E. polychroma this year. What a lovely little plant.
Zone: This is England we don't do zones. Pick any number between 2 and 11

http://www.zyxwv.co.uk/

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
New Topic Post Reply