Side Border

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Side Border

Post by nanny_56 »

Our house sits at a very odd angle in relation to the usual north, south, east, west. This end of the house faces a somewhat northwest direction.

I am doing some tweaking in this bed...and next year will be better as everything grows and fills in!
Attachments
DSCF1677 (Small).jpg
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

Looks really good right now!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Sounds like you have a builders or the model home as they are the ones that are usually tweeked in their directions.
Looks nice and can't wait to see the photo for next year.
We have also been working on our east boarder and I was about to share a photo of it.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Very pretty, Claudia! Doesn't look like it needs much tweaking to me, but then again...what do I know about design and creativity? :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

karma_Happy_Toes wrote:Sounds like you have a builders or the model home as they are the ones that are usually tweeked in their directions.
Oh that is funny!

The original first owner/ builder went bankrupt and just abandoned it and it was not 100% completed. Lots of little cosemetic things for the most part. Sat empty for 2-3 years. Then the people we bought it from moved in and within 6 months decided they HATED living out here! So they would only stay here maybe on occasional weekends. They had it off and on the market for 3 years until we bought it 12-06.

No tweaking had been done here!! :lol:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

nanny_56, the builder of that house sounds like the builder of ours! Only we are the 4th owner and thanks to my folks we sort of feel like we got a good deal!! It's the ones that moved into the area in the past 10 years that are spoiling why we stay.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Very pretty Claudia!! :cool:
New Topic Post Reply