Clematis (shrub)

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Clematis (shrub)

Post by Annie »

This is what the humming birds go crazy for!
I always forget the name, but as you all know I never keep track of that stuff :lol:
My sister took a start of it this year and hers is blooming too!

If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

What does the whole plant look like Annie? How big does it get..need the scoop on anyhing the hummers like!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Annie

Post by Annie »

I'll get a pic of the whole plant for you today. The plant itself is about 3' tall and about 4' across now. It has a lot of smaller plants around it now :) Been there for several years and it is getting bigger, but not out of control or anything. I dug up a baby side shoot off of it this spring and gave it to my sister. She stuck it in the ground and it never wilted or anything! And it's gonna bloom for her this year LOL.

It dies all the way back over the winter but comes back strong every year :)

If you look at the hummingbird video I posted, this is the plant it's on. You can see it better in that :)
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG.....CHRIS....This is what I was talking about at the get-together that I didn't know the name either......I have this Annie, and mine is huge!!! Wonder if it likes being moved??
Annie

Post by Annie »

Lucy,
there are shoots growing around it. I dug one up for my sister this spring.

Not sure about moving the main plant as I have never done it. But then again I have never dug up one of the baby ones either, until this spring. I was suprised how well it moved!

I've had this one for several years. Mine is big too. Check around the bottom, there should be LOTS of baby ones :)

The wind we had the other day pretty much blew it over LOL. I keep telling myself I'm going to stake it up, but never have :lol:

If you look at the video of the humming bird I posted this is the plant it's on.

~~Annie~~
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Yep...mines blooming from a start that Annie gave me this year. It's still small but it's blooming.
Attachments
TheFogJuly31-2008 021.jpg
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

That's really pretty Annie and Muffy. :cool:

LucyGoose, I remember when you bought that. I thought it looked like yours. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name either.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Here's my whole plant....LOL. Had to put a horseshoe stake by it so we don't mow over it!
Attachments
TheFogJuly31-2008 020resized1.jpg
New Topic Post Reply