One Confused Bulb

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

TKHooper
USDA Zone: 6b

One Confused Bulb

Post by TKHooper »

I did my fall bulb planting the other day. And then just a couple of days later we had temperatures in the 80's. One of the bulbs in the daffodil/tulip row has decided to sprout. And I going to loose that one? Or should I bring it inside and force it and then refrigerate it? Can you please tell me what to do?
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: One Confused Bulb

Post by Chris_W »

I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes fall bulbs will do that, but it wouldn't really benefit from bringing it indoors, and actually might set it back even further. Either way it might not bloom so I would just leave it alone. It won't be long and they'll realize this isn't the time to be growing ;)
TKHooper
USDA Zone: 6b

Post by TKHooper »

Thanks Chris, I'll leave it alone as you suggest.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

:eek: :eek: :eek: OC had a bunch of fall planted Liliums to do that. Planted too early and the temp in S.C. got really hot in mid October. They all came up but I too did as Chris suggested, I just left them alone, and the next spring they were beautiful. Guess they were just Eager Beavers.................OC saying to just leave them alone. Show us their pictures when they bloom next spring...........OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply