Jacobs Ladder(stairway to heaven)

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

marys1358
USDA Zone: 5-9

Jacobs Ladder(stairway to heaven)

Post by marys1358 »

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the website and wanted to say hi to everyone and so glad I found this website for HELP LOL I have a few questions, left my plant out JACOBS LADDER all winter and now I'm hoping it will come back do you think it will?Then also I'm looking for a small bush for our planter box at the end of our driveway we have 2 boxes 1 gets alot of sun and the other gets a little more shade hope some can give me some suggestions.I'm only looking for 3 feet at the most.

Thank you so much,
Mary
mooie

Re: Jacobs Ladder(stairway to heaven)

Post by mooie »

Not sure where you live, but my Stairway To Heaven is up and blooming in Illinois! Great plant!
~Imagine~
Midnight Reiter

Post by Midnight Reiter »

Jacob's Ladder is a perennial in northern Indiana.

:hmm: I'm sorry I can't think of anything for the end of your driveway.
I hope some day to meet God, because I want to thank Him for the flowers.
~Robert Brault

Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Post by Aud »

It is not clear when you say you left the Jacobs Ladder out all winter. If planted in ground you should see it by now coming up. If it was in a pot it could be dead.

For your planters how about Knockout roses if you do not mind watering every week if you do not get rain. If you want something that can take no care you could do Yucca filamentosa 'Bright Edge' or 'Color Guard'
New Topic Post Reply