OC's Pile of dirt

Use this area to discuss garden prep, soils, composting, and other related topics.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC's Pile of dirt

Post by oldcoot »

:eek: :eek: :eek: Proof OC thinks it is spring is this large dirt pile. Already had his Yard Man fill 12 5 gallon pots to put the Liliums he is getting from Chris in, real soon....OC
Attachments
Dirt-Pile.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Wanda
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Wanda »

That looks like a good start! I’m about due to start hauling composted manure, myself. Usually bring in about 6-8 half-ton loads each year and mix it 50/50 with my leafmould, bark and alfalfa blend.

I need to get more Oriental lilies, too!

wanda
oldcoot

Ready for summer !!

Post by oldcoot »

Got bulbs and plants coming in from CHris this week, so had to get ready...John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

What a nice pile of dirt! I"ve been trying to get DH to take his truck and get me a pile of topsoil. He doesn't want to bother with it. He just doesn't understand why I would want to buy dirt. :lol: We have 119 acres, and I still don't have enough dirt.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
oldcoot

Thanks

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D OC is sure glad he got it when he did. Chris's bulbs came in right after he go it,and he planted them immediately.When on the deck this morning,(3 week later) his Casa Blanca Liliums are already up....OC
New Topic Post Reply