Knock out roses

Use this area to discuss roses.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Knock out roses

Post by Annie »

Was just wondering if anyone else had a prob of their Knockouts dying back?

They are comming back up but it really annoyed me that they did die back at all LOL.
I thought it was just mine, but my friends around here said theirs died back too!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Well, mine didn't die all the way back....but I pruned the heck out of it this year....LOL I wanted to do it. I have 2 more potted that I can't figure out where to put them....LOL..My one gets huge, so that is one reason I really cut it back this year.....Your should do good anyway....mine is really filling out nice..... :D
Annie

Post by Annie »

Thanks LG. My biggest one did die all the way back dang it.
But it is comming back. It dosen't get real tall, I think because it isn't in full sun. It only gets about 3 hrs of sun a day.

My smaller ones didn't die all the way back but pretty darn near it :o
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Only 3 hours of sun? :o I think they need at least 6-8 precious girl! :wink:
Annie

Post by Annie »

:lol: :lol:
I know :)
But I tried it there and it did very good until this spring.
It grew to about 4' tall had plenty of flowers, maybe not as many as the ones in full sun but it did flower.

I also had a hardy hibiscus there and it grew too. Not real shrubby but a little bit taller, but it too bloomed.
It's amazing how well they did
I did move the hibiscus to the south side of my house today so it would get bigger and prettier :D

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply