Rose ID

Use this area to discuss roses.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Rose ID

Post by Annie »

I planted this little rose a few years ago.

It has always been pink, but this year it has red flowers mixed in with the pink!

This is/was the only color before.

Now this year it has these...

Any idea what kind it is? Or why it would start producing red along with the pink?

What ever it is, I like it :)
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Re: Rose ID

Post by caliloo »

Looks like it either sported or that is the rootstock that is growing and blooming. I am leaning towards the sport though - it sure doesn't look like Dr Huey or multiflora (the most likely rootstock possibilities).

Anyway - enjoy it! It is sure pretty!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow, that is pretty cool, though......I myself have been slowly getting rid of the roses..... :o .....Yep, I have.......I dug two the other day that never did well, and they just struggle.....more room for things that the Japanese beatles don't eat.....I still have them, just not that many....

Yours is really pretty, and I do not know what happened, but I think Alexa had the answer! :cool:
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

Beautiful ROSE Lucy.... I know that some flowers change with a change in Ph. Have you put any acidic or alkaline fertilizer ? Let us know if you find out Coot :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin:
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Annie, please excuse the OLD COOT!..... :lol: .....I am afraid he is living up to his name..... :lol:

Pssssst.....Coot........it's not my rose......Bless your heart.......Hugs!!!
beautifulgardens

Post by beautifulgardens »

I wish I could help you out, but I can't see the pictures.
New Topic Post Reply