How stupid!!!

Use this area to discuss roses.

Moderator: Chris_W

tinamarie
USDA Zone: 5

How stupid!!!

Post by tinamarie »

Yes.. I have kicked myself a dozen times this week... Let me explain...I have so many caterpillars, they were eating my rose bush..so I sprayed Bee killer on my American Beauty rose bush... and now the rose is dying... Please someone tell me that only the leaves are dying and not the plant itself...I have had this rose for at least 25 years... It has moved each time we have..and it has always done great and now it is such a pitiful sight... HOW STUPID!!!
Tina
LucyGoose

Re: How stupid!!!

Post by LucyGoose »

:eek: ....I do not know......Sorry.... :(
Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Post by Aud »

I do not know either. I have been trying to grow roses for years and have only had success with a few.

I would get a hose and give is a good shower. Give is some shade put up a tent. I have sprayed mine with Raid one time and the leaves started to dry up and rot. That is how stupid I am. lol I hosed it down and put a umbrella around it so it was shaded and it survived.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

Hal Mxd - White & Red Drivdway Roses (2).jpg
We have had an unusually large number of bugs this year. Guess it is all the rain we are having.Roses are pretty hardy, my suggestion would be to prune it back a little and give it a chance to re- grow. Worked wondesr for my driveway roses I thought were dead. Coot :D :D
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Give it a lot of water and tell us how it is going on
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply