Added To The Garden

Use this area to discuss container and trough gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Added To The Garden

Post by kHT »

Was on Craig's List a couple weeks ago and came across a nursery selling off their
business. I exchanged some emails and told them we would be there. Here is what
we picked up for the gardens and enjoyed chatting with the owners. The largest
one will be the home to Shorty's Variegate Brugmansia and still trying to find something
for the smaller one. They are to big to move so they will sit on the south side of the
driveway until we remove the wooden deck and put in pavers.
Attachments
Largest Pot
Largest Pot
Smaller Pot
Smaller Pot
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Re: Added To The Garden

Post by Tigger »

Always nice to find some good concrete planters at bargain prices! DH wants to replant one of ours this year as a moss garden.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: Added To The Garden

Post by kHT »

Tigger, we went to the cement shop yesterday as the both pots have hairline cracks to see how to fix.
We both found items we would love to have from a fountain to a med size lion in a bronze color to a huge
turtle in gold. We were surprised how mossy stuff was there, we hadn't stopped in since getting the retaining
wall blocks. Gosh I'd be out there scraping all the moss off as it breaks down the cement. I found a couple urns
that my clivia would look sharp in but the prices weren't in my ball park. These pots were free!! The owner
was glad I was going to give them a good home so Free is what she charged me. I about fainted. :eek:
They are welcome to come visit any time. We rented a trailer so that costed $60 and pizza for the kids
to help move them.

They had a great turn out for their sale and we were the first there so they were glad I got the pots.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply