Garden Chair

Use this area to discuss container and trough gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

Libby

Garden Chair

Post by Libby »

Here's my best container this year :wink: I'm such a sucker for flowers spilling over old wood or rusted metal containers.
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

I love the look of it! But alas I am not good with plants that I actually have to keep watered in a pot LOL.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I love it too! :cool: Thanks for sharing.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
mum2knm

Post by mum2knm »

That's just too cute!
Sabrina
New hosta addict
Libby

Post by Libby »

Thanks! I don't have a lot of container plantings but enjoy having a few for added interest. You're right, Annie, they do require frequent watering! All the more reason to admire everybody else's :D

It's my first time growing an elephant ear from a bulb; just getting ready to unfurl a fourth leaf. Hope to see more photos now that the season is well underway!
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

That is too cool. I have some old iron chairs, I am stealing your idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ginger
Libby

Post by Libby »

I take no credit for the original idea, Ginger - I've just seen quite a few photos and had to try one. The old iron chairs you mentioned sound interesting so please post a picture when you're done :D
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Hi Libby. I will try this out with my old metal (Not iron, sorry I mis spoke)chairs next spring. It is pretty much past planting season at my house :lol: :lol: TOOOO HOT :evil:

Ginger
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Wonderful!!!
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Garden Chair

Post by JaneG »

Oh, that's so pretty! :D I have two chairs sitting in my garden shed waiting for DH to cut a hole and reinforce the seat so I can put a pot in it. I did one of these for my mother quite a few years ago and each spring on Mothers Day I replant it for her and throw on another coat of whitewash, if it's needed. Then a couple years ago we made one for MIL. When the moved one of her other sons came through and "helped" clean out the house and have a garage sale. MIL was afraid to speak up and by the time we got there he had already sold the "chair with a hole in the seat" for $2!! :(

Yours looks lovely, I really like the style of chair you used.

Here are pictures of two that I made. The white one is Moms, the second one I did for myself, but it has since fallen apart and I need to make a new one. These pictures were taken just after they were planted, so they haven't had time to fill out and spill over yet.
Attachments
MomChair.jpg
ChairRedWhiteBlue.jpg
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

For the past several years I have been absent on this forum, but OC is 'in the game" again this year. My son has agreed to help me plant some more beauties on my totally cleaned off deck.(Thanks to Johnny, Jr) . OC can't wait to get the tubs of dirt back on his deck and start planting again.

Watch for pictures.................OC on the move again even if still in a wheel-Chair......
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

OC...what great news! that is so exciting that you will be getting out again. Bless your son for doing this for you!

Yipppppeeeee for OC!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply