Some inspiration for annual containers

Use this area to discuss container and trough gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Some inspiration for annual containers

Post by caliloo »

I stumbled across this site and thought it might provide inspiration for container color this year

http://www.provenwinners.com/combinations/

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Some inspiration for annual containers

Post by govgirl75 »

Don't you love it? I have looked at it for inspiration and trends in annuals for several years now.
Glo
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Thanks for posting that link! I love containers but am never able to get them to look right. This is just what I needed!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
abbyrose
USDA Zone: 9

Post by abbyrose »

This is one of my favorite container garden sources. http://www.kinsmangarden.com/product/13 ... Fertilizer
My mom has a huge patio at her restaurant and struggled with landscaping it each summer. I bought her this book and it has saved her time and sooo much money replacing plants she killed from expecting the wrong things of them. She has gotten very inventive, creating her own pots for this type of planting. :D
Midnight Reiter

Post by Midnight Reiter »

I love the Provenwinners link! I've been going there for a couple of years. I wish I had spent my money on only large flower pots so I could fit several plants in all of them. What I used to consider large is not as large and I would like now.
I hope some day to meet God, because I want to thank Him for the flowers.
~Robert Brault

rufie98
USDA Zone: 6

Post by rufie98 »

I also love containers and just couldn't get them right. This year I have done so much better with the help of a new book entitled "Pot it up." It is a book that is filled solely with container recipes. It gives you a picture of each container and what flowers and plants are in it and how many you need. What I really liked about the book is that it gave ideas about containers for sun, for shade and for special holidays. I have always found that the majority of hanging baskets and containers at the garden stores were for sunny locations. I struggled with making a nice looking planter with shade loving plants. This year I have finally made a shade container that I love (with the help of this book)!
rufie98
USDA Zone: 6

Post by rufie98 »

Got the idea to make this pot arrangement from the "Pot it up" book. It is not exactly as they suggested (because I had a lot of caladiums to use), but I love the look of the arrangement. Much better than my previous attempts.

New Topic Post Reply