Pineapple Casserole

Share recipes for salads, side dishes, appetizers and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

Zee

Post by Zee »

I've been wanting to make this ever since it was posted, but no one in my family wanted to eat it. Now's my chance. I'm making this for a Super Bowl party.

How many servings does it make? What size casserole did you use? Would it fit into a square glass Pyrex cake pan?

Thanks.
Zee
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Zee, I've used a 1 quart or a 1-1/2 quart casserole for it. When I've doubled the recipe I've used a 2-1/2 quart casserole and last Christmas, when my casseroles were being used for other things, I used a 9x9 inch square baking dish.

I don't know what to say about how many servings. It depends on how big of a serving everyone takes.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Zee!!

Just because no one else would eat this don't mean you couldn't have made it without doubling it for yourself...:lol:

As for how many people, I don't know either....I just have always doubled it and just taken that.......Pat answered the pan part good.....just use the 1 1/2 or 2 Quart......you could use your square one too.....

Just wait till you eat it....you will love it....I will be making it soon as I just got my cheese for it the other day...I love it!! When I took it to DH's side this year for x-mas, there was none left and I got asked for the recipe...

Enjoy!! Let me know how you like it!! :D
Zee

Post by Zee »

I was also checking other recipes, and they mostly say six servings. At least 12 people are going to be at the Super Bowl party. I am taking this so I don't starve, though I could eat at home beforehand. All of the other guests eat meat (I don't), so there will be plenty of food for them, but generally not so much for vegetarians.

Guess I should have gotten two cans of pineapple. May have to send DH off to the store for some more.

Thanks.
Zee
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh yeah....you need 2 cans of pinapple to double it......I never take just the recipe, I always double it to take somewhere....

So.....How did you like it? :D
Zee

Post by Zee »

I made it.
I liked it a lot.
Other people liked it.
Husband wouldn't taste it.
I'll make it again and eat the whole thing myself. Just watch me. :lol:
Zee
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Gruntfuttock, I make what's called Baked Pineapple Stuffing and serve it as a side dish with my ham dinner for Easter. Some Americans love sweet salads or this kind of side dish while others can't bear to have anything sweet with dinner. So I say it's up to the individual. Any leftover pineapple stuffing is great cold. But there are no leftovers unless I make a double batch.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I feel bad....I missed your post, Gruntfuttock. We use it like a side dish more of a desert, but we eat it with our meal, too.....Just do what your little heart desires! :wink:

Zee, I know....I love it.....as you make it more and more, you will get good at how much topping....:lol: And I love it both cold and hot! :D
Dee_dla
USDA Zone: 4b

Post by Dee_dla »

LG, it is a hit here! Made it for Christmas with the in-laws and though the nieces and nephews were trying to decide if it dare be tried, dear FIL announced that it was the best! ;) I've made it again "just for us". Thank you for posting the recipe!!! It's going into the recipe file as a keeper! :D
Dee
Dee's Hosta List

"The poetry of the earth is never dead." ~John Keats
New Topic Post Reply