Ravioli Appetizers

Share recipes for salads, side dishes, appetizers and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Ravioli Appetizers

Post by party_music50 »

My parents tried a new appetizer last night... it was a MAJOR hit with everyone and was so simple to make! My father said he just cooked (boiled) frozen ravioli according to directions. When done, he drained the ravioli and tossed them into a large saute pan with some olive oil and garlic, and sauteed them until golden brown. He then piled the ravioli onto a plate and drizzled bleu cheese salad dressing all over them, added some chopped parsley garnish, and it was done. It looked fantastic and tasted every bit as good! I've GOT to remember to make these for myself!

PS: he said he also did the same with stuffed rigatonis and it was equally good (stuffed with portabella mushrooms and something else).
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Ravioli Appetizers

Post by JaneG »

That sounds delish! I always like those "fried ravioli" appetizers at many restaurants, but I don't often order them and I've never tried to make them because the "fried" part makes them not-so-healthy. Doing it your way they would be healthier and still delicious! I will definitely try this (but probably with a different dressing since we don't do bleu cheese)! :lol:

Thanks for posting this!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the idea! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Love this idea! I will definitely give it a try after the weekend (and all the turkey)

Thanks

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply