Soup Season

Share recipes for main dishes plus hearty recipes such as soups, stews, chili, and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

gardenkat

Soup Season

Post by gardenkat »

Gee..this forum doesn't seem to get much traffic. But I'm hoping that someone may have some good soup recipes to post. One of the few advantages of cold weather-homemade soup! :D C'mon, share your favorites.
Astilbeblu
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Astilbeblu »

Soup is my favorite! I made a pot of chicken noodle the other day. I believe it is my all time favorite. I put lots of garlic and black pepper in it. I don't usually use a recipe when I make soup; just use what I have in the house. I do have a recipe for a great vegetable soup, though. I'll look for it and post it. I'll also try to come up with a recipe for my Lentil Soup too.
Dorothy
gardenkat

Post by gardenkat »

I don't use recipes for most of my cooking. But I am new to making soups and I find it useful to have a recipe the first few times until I get the "feel" for it. Would sure appreciate any that anyone has to share. Astilbeblu- I'd love to try your vegetable soup if you'll post it.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Have you tried potato soup ?

It is a favorite soup here, cant translate my recipie ( in my head, but I use most potatoes, half cattots a onion, garlic, and the green from Leek ??? like big spring onion ?. then add water to the level of the vegies and a bit of bouillon, salt pepper, and spices after the wish of the day,let boil for ½ hour or so, have to be soft, add some real cream and boil.
Meantime take some bacon in small pieces and the white from the leeds and fry it
Add some of the bacon and a bit of the fat to the soup and blend it... take care, it can do some heave boubles :-?

Serve with some of the bacon and leeds on top

Better go find a recipie :lol:

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Pia, that sounds wonderful! I love potato soup and except for the leek you make it just like I do! I sometimes add a bit of carrott and celery.

Ginger
New Topic Post Reply