Time to Grill----got a great marinade for you

Share recipes for main dishes plus hearty recipes such as soups, stews, chili, and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

flowerchild59

Time to Grill----got a great marinade for you

Post by flowerchild59 »

OK, I know we have a recipe forum but I wanted this more up front and center.
This is one of my favorite marinades for anything. It is good for when you have a couple pieces of fruit and don't know what to do with them.

In a blender mix:

Peeled and seeded orange, lemon, or lime. Any quantity of about two or three based on their size.

One or more peeled garlic clove

A couple of sprigs of fresh herbs of choice. I have sage and oregano now, but this is great with rosemary too. If you don't have fresh, use two tsps of dried of choice.

A splash of ketchup, honey and oil. About a tablespoon of each or slightly more.

Two or three shots of hot sauce if you like to kick it up a notch.

I add more dried chilies too when I want it spicier. Usually I add a shake of ground cumin if I am in a spicy sort of mood.

I add a little glug of alcohol of choice. I have used tequila, wine and beer all successfully in this marinade. It is very flexible. I add about 1/3 of a cup of whatever.

This makes enough to marinade enough meat for 4 people, or about a pound or so of meat. Like 4 pork chops, 4 pieces of chicken, 4 small steaks, etc.

I am marinating some small, thin sirloins for dinner tonight. Gonna do some dirty rice on the side with some sauteed fresh spinach. And top the steaks with mushrooms and hopefully morels if my son finds them.

Enjoy.
On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.
Cheryl
My Hosta List
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Yup, grill season is here!

Your marinade sounds interesting!! I'll have to give it a try.

Here's my favorite way to grill something a little special. It's a quick and easy rub. This is a variation on a Spanish Spice Rub from Bobby Flay, which he used on chicken. I've also used it on salmon, with good results. The Smoked Paprika is the special ingredient, make sure you use Smoked Paprika, not just the regular stuff. This isn't spicy, just a nice unusual flavor.

1 T. Spanish Paprika
1 T. Smoked Paprika
2 t. cumin seeds, ground
2 t. mustard seeds, ground
2 t. fennel seeds, ground
1 t. coursely ground black pepper
2 t. kosher salt

Mix together and rub on chicken (or other meat/seafood) before grilling.

Enjoy!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
New Topic Post Reply