CHEWY GRANOLA COOKIES

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

Soummer
USDA Zone: 4-5

CHEWY GRANOLA COOKIES

Post by Soummer »

Found this one the 'net, too. It is CRAZY good!!! I'd space the cookies a little further apart next time I make them, they did tend to run together.

CHEWY GRANOLA COOKIES

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups granola cereal (one 14 oz box)

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F

In large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.

Stir in remaining ingredients except granola; mix until smooth. Stir in 3 cups granola.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, roll in remaining 1/2 cup granola.

Place two inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 5 dozen
Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

hostaaddict

Post by hostaaddict »

that sounds really good, Janet.! I will have to try these soon........Jackie
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

What brand cereal did you use, Janet?
Soummer

Post by Soummer »

:-? Ummmmm, I used whatever brand Aldi's has. It's "their" brand, whatever it's called. Regular granola. They do have a Mango Chi Granola that would also be wicked awesome in this. I wouldn't use anything that's NOT sweetened or missing the fruit (raisins in this case) or nuts (almonds this time) but of course it wouldn't be granola without that stuff!
My Page

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay, Thanks!! I have an Aldi right by work.....

Now, if I ever get them made.... :lol:

Thanks, Janet!! :D
Soummer

Post by Soummer »

May I rave for a moment about Aldi's? I used to shudder when thinking about using "off brand" or "generic" foods, but after losing about 1/3 of our income (child support), I had little choice but to "shop on the cheap". Very hesitant at first, I started trying different items: canned, boxed, frozen, cold, fresh... And have not been let down even once! I can walk in with 20 bucks, walk out with a weeks worth of food for us two, and maybe a bit of change :o I positively :bawl: thinking how much money I lost over the years by shopping at the "big" stores!

My mom still poo-poos the place, but she loves my cooking, which is almost 100% Aldi's! Hehe, I'll never tell, hehe!

Last year they even had plants on sale.... bought 3 huge house plants at $7.00 each... they are beautiful! They even sold HOSTAS! Just roots in boxes for $1.97, I only got one cause I was scared :lol: "H. Honeybell" ended up being one of my best plants!

I *heart* Aldi's!
My Page

hostaaddict

Post by hostaaddict »

Janet, I agree about Aldis. Just wish one was closer to us. Closest is 40 miles. I am so picky about tuna and so afraid to try "off" brands but they have one that was .89 (last time I bought it) that looks like white meat of chicken. So good and every bit as nice as the expensive white premium types in stores that costs so much. My DH likes cereal and always buys all his cereal there as he likes it. He says the Raisin Bran better than the famous brands. Heck of a lot cheaper too! .................Jackie
New Topic Post Reply