Apricot Brandy Slush

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Apricot Brandy Slush

Post by LucyGoose »

I should have thought of making this when we were all dieing from the heat.....I just got done making a batch, and can't wait till I can have one tomorrow......This is in the Hallson Cookbook, too.

In one big pan, bring to boil, 7 cups water and 2 cups sugar.
In another pan, bring to 2 cups water to boil. Add 4 tea bags (green/regular). Steep for 20 minutes. Add that to the first batch, plus......One 12 oz. frozen orange juice, and one 12 oz. frozen lemonade. Add 2 cups Apricot Brandy (Hiram Walker) .....Stir and freeze.

Stir a few times while freezing (one good stir after being in the freezer for about 6 hours)

Put a couple scoops in a big glass (I use those insulated ones)
Add 50/50 or Squirt.....(I like 50/50 best)

Slush stays good in the freezer a few months...

Enjoy!! :D
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Yum! This sounds great! I bet you could make it just about any flavor you wanted...... but the apricot sounds tasty.

One question though... what is 50/50 and Squirt? I am guessing a carbonated mixer of some sort.... like 7-up or Sprite?

I will definitely be making some soon!

Alexa
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Morning!!

Yes, 50/50 is a grapefruit/lime kind of carbonated soda in the pop section......Canfields makes it....Squirt is the same, but I have had both, and the 50/50 tastes better....

Hope you like it.......I have taken it to parties, and people love it....just make sure you do it ahead of time.....I just came up from stiring it, and it still isn't all the way frozen.....takes some time.....and it's in my deep freezer in the basement....

Let us know if you do make it and how you like it. :D
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Grapefruit/Lime huh?

Maybe Fresca would be a better choice then 7-up or Sprite. 50/50 and Squirt must be regional things.. I've never seen either one here near Philly. THere is a soda called Wink that I can sometimes find (more common in New England) that I think has grapefruit in it... maybe I could find that.

The party I am thinking of making it for is at the end of August. I will probably wait until next week to start freezing it.

Thanks for the great idea!

Alexa
New Topic Post Reply