Rocky Road Fudge Bars

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

janet

Rocky Road Fudge Bars

Post by janet »

I'm feeling 'chocolate deprived' so I'm going to whip these up and take them to work on Monday for a staff lunch we're having (that way I get to eat one and don't have to worry about eating them ALL! :lol: )

ROCKY ROAD FUDGE BARS

BASE
½ cup butter
1 square unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
1 cup unsifted flour
½ cup chopped nuts
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

FILLING
6 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp flour
¼ cup butter, softened
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla
¼ cup chopped nuts

FROSTING
2 cups miniature marshmallows
¼ cup butter
1 square unsweetened chocolate
2 oz cream cheese
¼ cup milk
1 lb (about 3 cups) confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350º. In large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; remove from heat. Add sugar, flour, nuts, baking powder, vanilla and eggs; mix well. Spread in greased and floured 13x9-inch pan. In bowl, combine filling ingredients; spread over chocolate mixture in pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Sprinkle with marshmallows and bake 2 minutes longer. Immediately prepare frosting by combining butter, chocolate, cream cheese and milk in saucepan. Heat over low heat until chocolate melts. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Pour over marshmallows and swirl together. Cool and cut into bars. Makes about 36 bars.
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes