Charlie Browns (cookies)

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

hostaaddict

Charlie Browns (cookies)

Post by hostaaddict »

Here is my version these moist chocolate cookies.
They are a real crowd pleaser. makes about 30 to 36 cookies

Charlie Browns:

2 Cups flour
2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 teasp Baking Soda
I Cup Butter or oleo (don't use "spread". I just use stick Imperial Margarine)
1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teasp. vanilla
raisins, nuts (as many as you wish) I use quite a few raisins

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, cocoa and soda and set aside. Beat butter or oleo, sugar, eggs and vanilla together in large bowl with mixer till blended. On low speed, add dry ingredients. Stir in nuts, raisins. The raisins make them moist and chewy. Drop by large tablespoonsful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Can flatten just a little if desired. Not too flat as want these moist, not crispy. Bake 11 - 12 minutes till tops lose their shiny appearance.. DO NOT OVERBAKE THESE COOKIES!!!!
cool a couple minutes on sheet and remove.

When cool frost with chocolate icing. I usually make my own from cocoa, powdered sugar, oleo and vanilla, but I think the canned would also be good on these. Top with a pecan half if desired. If have any left to store :lol: be sure and store in airtight container so don't dry out. These are very good cookies....enjoy!.....jackie
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow, I think I have all the ingredients to make these now.....Do they have to be frosted? I mean, have you ever just ate them regular? Just wondering cause first, you didn't give the exact recipe for it and second, I usually don't care that much for the frosted ones....

sorry to be a pain.... :lol:.....checking to see if I have enough raisins....

Thanks for sharing!! :D
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

These sound great!

I am definitely going to make them tomorrow. Do you think I could frost them in an orange color buttercream and make jack-o-lantern cookies out of them?

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Need more raisons......

I know the buttercream recipe on the side of the powdered suger but it don't tell ya about choc....I just might do regular buttercream then....but I have to get more raisons....

You'll get yours made first Alexia.....I might have to wait a couple days now.....I can't wait to try them and take some to the parents....

Thanks again!
hostaaddict

Post by hostaaddict »

Lucy, I'm one of those who just dumps some powdered sugar in a bowl (maybe couple cups or so) then add some cocoa (I'd say 1/4 cup ) then glob of oleo (couple tablespoons) then teasp vanilla and just enough milk to make frosting. Doesn't take much milk. Just couple tablespoons at a time till get it right. I never measure frosting. Stir it well, if too wet add more dry ingreds. Sorry, not much help here. When all else fails do a search on cooks.com.

I think orange frosting would be cute for Halloween. I like quite a few raisins and some pecans in mine. Just dont overbake them......Jackie
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay! :wink:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I made these this morning, and I have to say I don't think I will ice them.....they are good just plain.....but then plain, they are not that sweet.....that's prolly why I like them....I will wait till DH comes home tonight to see if he would like frosting....I think I needed more raisins, so they would be sweeter that way........I didn't measure, but I think I had about a cup'ish....but I can see I needed more.....I used lots of pecans, too......Sooooo my breakfast was cookies today......:lol:

Thanks Jackie!! :D
New Topic Post Reply