Crustless Cranberry Pie

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Crustless Cranberry Pie

Post by LucyGoose »

I got this recipe from prissy channel 7's weather girl, Tracy Butler last week..... :lol: :lol: Anyone in the Chicago area surely know her.... :lol:

This is to die for warm!! It did nothing for me cold, so I stuck in in the microwave later and man, I LOVE it! My SIL DH loved it and my mom wanted the recipe... :snow:

Thanks Prissy Tracy!! :lol:

Crustless Cranberry Pie

1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Fresh Whole Cranberries
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
2 Eggs Beaten
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 inch pie pan....(I used Pam)

Combine flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in cranberries and walnuts and toss to coat.

Stir in melted butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. Spread the batter into prepared pie pan.

Bake 40 minutes or till toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Primroselane

Post by Primroselane »

I will try it. I like to make things that are unusual, and this will be great for the party next week end.
Lucille
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Hey LG! Thanks for this recipe, this sounds like a keeper. I'm definitely going to try this. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

:lol: :lol: Yep, I know who Tracy Butler is!! :lol: She's kinda sweet in her own little way.

Thanks for the recipe. We love cranberries, but not many other people do. This looks very easy and I'll definitely give it a try.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi you guys!!

Yep, this is really good and easy....:-) Let me know if you or others liked it cold.....I mean I liked it, but nothing like when it was warm out of the oven....(Have I said that enough?? :lol: )

Enjoy!! Thanks to Missy Tracy's SIL, Erin Butler.... :snow:
Libby

Post by Libby »

I made it yesterday! And I agree, Lucy - warm, with cool whip. :D Just tried it this morning at room temp and it's still good but does become heavier in texture and very moist, maybe like bread pudding?

This really is delicious and easy to make! Although I love cranberries, I swear the flavor reminded me a little of cherry pie with the almond extract. Here's a picture
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

8-)

I'm going to try it! How do you think it would be without the walnuts? DH hates crunchy things in pies, cakes and cookies...
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Justme

Post by Justme »

Yep, someone make it without the walnuts. DH is allergic to walnuts, and I like them, but not in other foods.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Well LG, I made this last night and it came out great! I thought it tasted so good. Really liked the tartness of the cranberries with the almond flavor, reminded me of cherry pie too. Thanks again. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Justme

Post by Justme »

I am eating my version of the Crustless Cranberry Pie. Yummm.

I left out the walnuts, didn't want to make a trip to the emergency room with the DH. I also took out 1/2 cup of sugar and used 1/2 Splenda in its place. Also used egg beaters instead of eggs. Took the WW points from 8 per piece to 2 per piece.

DH said he likes it, but wants me to try making it with apples instead of cranberries, humm . . .

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow you guys!! :lol: I made me another pie the other day and I almost can't quit eating it....:lol: We love the walnuts but it would be fine without them I am sure....Tami, thanks for letting us know how the splenda and egg beaters do with it....Thats a good thing to do for my dad....

Glad you all liked it! I LOVE it!! :lol:
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

OMG this sounds AWESOME!

I am so going to make it this weekend - my guys are sure to love it too!

Thanks for posting!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Primroselane

Post by Primroselane »

Thanks so much for the recipe, I made it and took it to my grandsons baptism party, my friend warned me that you should not take something you have never made before to a party. I ignored her warning and it was a big hit, thanks to all your ravings I knew it would be. Everyone loved it.
Thanks
Lucille
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

It sounds good LucyGoose. I'll have to try it too.
Primroselane wrote:my friend warned me that you should not take something you have never made before to a party.
:lol: Lucille. I do that all the time.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

This is an awesome recipe! I have made it 3 times...for potlucks...and the requests for sharing the recipe are amazing! Everyone loves it! It goes together quickly and makes a nice presentation.

Thanks so much for posting this.......pam :D
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Well Lucy, I **finally** got around to making this. I took it out of the oven about 9:30 and let it sit a few minutes before digging in. We just finished our first slices of it . . . warm with cool whip. It is delicious, nice and tart. I used half sugar and half Splenda.

DH loves cranberries, but commented that it was very tart. I went back and looked at cranberry bag that was still sitting on the counter. Silly me just dumped in the whole bag without thinking . . . the recipe calls for 2 cups and the bag had 3 cups in it!! :roll: It was good anyway, but next time I'll follow the recipe!!! :lol:

Thanks a bunch for this recipe, it is incredibly easy to make and comes out of the oven just lovely. I used PAM on the pie plate and the pieces came out nice and easy. I LOVE foolproof recipes and this is definitely one of them!
JaneG
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o 3 cups of cranberries? :lol: .. :lol:

I just love this and can eat myself sick with it.... :lol:

I do have to hit the grocery store today, and I will get me some more cranberries now that you mention it.... :P

Thanks again prissy Tracy's B.'s sister-in-law, Arin!! :lol: :lol:
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Lucy, did I say THANK YOU for this recipe???? :D

I made it tonight with BLUEBERRIES instead of cranberries. It was delicious this way too!! This is going to become a favorite of mine 'cause it's so easy. I'm already planning to make it with rhubarb from the garden spring!

Ate the Blueberry one warm with ice cream during half-time of the Packers game. The pie was delicious . . . but it didn't help the Packers . . . :(

Thanks again Goose!
JaneG
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Your welcome!! What's funny as I was just trying to get cranberries at the store the other day.....I have not seen them, so I got the guy and asked. He says.....*No more fresh till next year* :o .. :evil: I did not realize that you couldn't always get them....so I said how about frozen ones? He said, probably.....well, if they do, I couldn't find them... :evil: ....So now that you say they are good to use blueberries, I will try that for sure this coming week....I just did another batch of banana/pineapple bread again tonight.....I have been freezing most of them....Like I need more sweets....Thanks for the tip on the blueberries.....:-)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I tried it too, LG! My DD and DH both liked it, but I did leave the nuts out ,because DD doesn't care for them. As for myself.....well.....let's just say it wasn't my cup of tea. :lol: I don't care for the tartness. I'm not a fan of cherry pie either. I am glad to see someone made it with blueberries, because I wondered if it would be okay to substitute a different berry. Next time I make it, I'll use blueberries..... which I happen to love. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply