Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

Libby

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

Post by Libby »

This has become an all time favorite and although it was new to me a couple of years ago, I apologize if I'm repeating an oldie. But it's too good not to share! Easy and make ahead - the hardest thing is unwrapping all the sandwiches. :wink:

You need:

1 foil lasagna pan - the deep kind
2 boxes of ice cream sandwiches - usually 12 in a box
(store brand works just fine) and you'll have a few
leftover to stash back in the freezer.
1 12 oz. carton Cool Whip, thawed
1 jar each of Hot Fudge and Caramel ice cream topping
3/4 cup salted peanuts

Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half sandwich along the short side of the ungreased pan. Arrange more sandwiches in the opposite direction in the pan; cut to fit as needed. Spread half the Cool Whip on these. Spoon or pour Caramel topping (I use about 1/2 the jar) over the Cool Whip. Sprinkle with half the peanuts. Repeat layers with more ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip, Hot Fudge topping (nuke 15 seconds for easier
consistency) and the rest of the peanuts. Cover tightly with foil and freeze. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.

The first time I made this, I didn't tell anybody what it was made of - no one guessed immediately. Too busy oohing and mmmhing as they ate, lol.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Oh - that sounds awesome! I have a pot luck on Tuesday and I will probably make this!

Thanks for posting!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
mum2knm

Post by mum2knm »

Oh that sounds yummy!!!!
Sabrina
New hosta addict
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Oh my gosh that sounds disgustingly delicious!!!!! I think I'd eat the whole pan!! :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o Wow.....I have never heard of it......Sounds REAL GOOD!!! Thanks!!!
Libby

Post by Libby »

Yes, disgusting delicious, lol! Mine is already in the freezer for the 4 of July.
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Mine wouldn't get past the unwrapping of the sandwiches. Cookies barely get cooked with me. :lol: :lol:
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Are you just to use half of each jar of toppings? That's what I did....It's made, and in the deep freezer for tomorrow's fireworks little party at my sisters..... :P ....I can't wait to taste it! :cool:
Libby

Post by Libby »

Yep, Lucy. I use a generous half jar of each topping. You could customize this according to personal preference but half a jar is enough for our taste.

It doesn't take long to thaw so I hope your sister has room in her freezer or you'll be eating dessert first, lol :lol: !! Really though, when you cut each serving all those layers will look great.

:lol: Spider! You're too busy pulling those sticky wrappers off - THEN you get to eat the leftover sandwiches as a reward. :wink: [/i]
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

OH MY GAWD! This was incredible!

I actually made 1 box of sandwiches in a 9 x 13 pan and used a half jar of each of the toppings and 3 small containers of cool whip!!!! I did drizzle more toppings over the top of everything (sort of a web effect).

Everyone LOVED it and were begging me for the recipe. THis is now my default dessert for any summer gathering.

Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay....thanks!! It just kinda seemed like not enough caramel.....But I trust you...... :wink: I can't wait to try it......yes, DS has a big freezer.....I almost want to cut me a piece before I go tonight.....like right now!!!! :lol: :lol: I think I will drizzle a bit on top myself, now.....

Thanks again!!! :D
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG......Libby......This was a huge hit!!!!I myself, loved it!!! I did put some of the hot fudge on the top.......Everyone had seconds right after they ate the first piece..... :lol:

Thanks!!!! I will be taking this one more.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Wow...this sounds like a terrific summer dessert. I wish I had read this post before the holiday! :lol: I'll keep this in mind for the next family cookout! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Gardentoad

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

Post by Gardentoad »

How are you all drizzeling the hot fudge?? :hmm:
I microwaved mine and it felt warm but still came out in globs. I didn't want it so hot that it would melt the whip cream.
I drizzeled the caramel on top. It is in the freezer now but It would have looked nicer with some chocolate on top too.
Never before have so few with so much promised to take away so much from so many and then laugh their asses off as the so many with so little vote for the so few with so much.

---James Pence
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

When I melted it in the microwave, I just took a spoon and let of drip off that....Hope this helps!
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Sounds Good!! Thanks!!
In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
- Kozuko Okakura
~~Bev~~
New Topic Post Reply