Rosemary Roasted Nuts

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Rosemary Roasted Nuts

Post by pauhaus »

I make these every Christmas and they are always a hit.

I like to add a little heat so I add about an 1/8 to a 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne to the pan.

Rosemary Roasted Nuts

Serves 8.

* 2 cups mixed nuts, such as cashews, walnuts, and pecans
* 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
* 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
* Kosher salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, roast nuts until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat butter, sugar, and rosemary and cayenne (optional) over medium-high. Add nuts; stir until butter mixture is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Spread nuts on prepared baking sheet; season with salt. Cool to room temperature, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Re: Rosemary Roasted Nuts

Post by party_music50 »

pauhaus, your recipe looks good.

I was just searching for a sweet & spicy pecan recipe to add as an appetizer next week, but the only other flavor I'd like then (if any) would be orange. How do you think it would be if I used only pecans, omitted the rosemary, added cayenne, and possibly added 1/4 tsp. of orange extract as well? 8-)
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Re: Rosemary Roasted Nuts

Post by pauhaus »

Hey Party, not sure about the orange, all I can say is go for it. The rosemary in these really make it. It's very subtle but definitely there. Let me know how the orange addition turns out.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
New Topic Post Reply