Cactus Blooming

Discuss cacti & succulents, indoors or out, plus other plants for arid environments.

Moderator: Chris_W

Muffy
USDA Zone: 5

Cactus Blooming

Post by Muffy »

My cactus is blooming again this year. Weird how it goes thru hard Illinois winters & stays alive. It's planted in a cement planter too.
In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
- Kozuko Okakura
~~Bev~~
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: Cactus Blooming

Post by kHT »

We have had prickly pear cactus here for 22+ years in the damp of the PNW and they have adapted
well. Last fall I dug some up before the wrist was broken and they layed on the metal potting table
all winter, which was the coldest with recorded snow fall for us and ya know these are still alive and
doing well without soil. I almost have the area cleared out so they can go back into the area they
were slated for.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
beautifulgardens

Post by beautifulgardens »

That's a nice looking cactus! I really like cactus plants because they are super low maintenance.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I have that one, too....got them last year from my Uncle Bill.....who picked it himself for me with pliers....he is old and been battling cancer, and he insisted he do it himself.....I will always think of Uncle Bill when I see these *yellow rose of texas cactus*...think that is what he said...LOL

Thanks for sharing!!
New Topic Post Reply