More PCI's...

Use this forum to discuss all types of Iris.

Moderators: Chris_W, John

Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

More PCI's...

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Pacific Coast Iris that is. Very picky and tempermental about dry summers, so not widely grown off the west coast of the US. They are also popular in England, Australia and New Zealand. these are all sitting in pots at a friends home and are blooming merrily. I got the slug killer out just in time for these. My cristatas were not so lucky.
Attachments
...and an i. japonica just for good measure.  i got this at a plant swap 2 weeks ago.  I love it!
...and an i. japonica just for good measure. i got this at a plant swap 2 weeks ago. I love it!
i-japonica.jpg (16.41 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
pci-poppy-05.jpg
pci-broadleigh-rose-05.jpg
pci-broadleigh-rose-05.jpg (22.25 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Mike - I think it might be Broadleigh Rose that is blooming for me, I'll take a pix of it to post tomorrow. All the ones I brought home from your place seem to be doing great :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Here's another. This one is a little species variety that KellieD sent me from Heronswood. It is grown from wild collected seed.
Attachments
i-innominata-05.jpg
i-innominata-05.jpg (21.21 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

They may be temperamental,

Post by oldcoot »

but those that do make it are really BEAUTIFUL.. Thanks for posting for us all to see..

The usually FUNNY and always most FRIENDLY Old Coot named John, saying thank YOU LORD for his good friends that share and for the nice rain that has made all his plants grow so well this year
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply