Blooms of 2014

Use this forum to discuss all types of Iris.

Moderators: Chris_W, John

NancyL

Blooms of 2014

Post by NancyL »

I will share some of my Irises from MD and MI some I don't know their names as I dug them at the old San Souci Iris gardens which had been sold and neglected for years prior to getting Brush Hogged. The first is a Siberian Ewen, the second TBI Ringo, any help on the other 2 TBI. San Souci was known for the reblooming TBI if that is any help.

The kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of the birds for mirth
One is nearer God's heart in the garden
Than anywhere on earth
Doris Frances Gurney "Garden Thoughts"
NancyL

Re: Blooms of 2014

Post by NancyL »

Here are some more, I am doing some "indoor gardening" as it is raining, badly needed, here this AM. The second photo is Autumn Circus and an Eastern Swallowtail in MD. The others are some antique varieties that I dug at San Souci. I am uploading these through TinyPic but they don't seem too tiny so I will try to resize the next bunch smaller. :oops:

Than anywhere on earth
NancyL

Post by NancyL »

The tall bearded's are Immortality and Raptor Red. The antique white I think is Candolle, the other a mystery San Souci iris.

Than anywhere on earth
NancyL

Post by NancyL »

Blooms from Michigan garden now. The first is Orinoco Flow - always a rapid increaser and very resistant to my disease problems here.
The second is a Circus World that just opened 2 days ago. It looks like a flame. This variety seemed especially vulnerable to bacterial soft rot that I have been battling here for years. It got a whole new venue and now seems to be thriving. The fourth is Roadside Wonder Siberian as far as I know, this was labeled as such at San Souci. The yellow one I have a tag for some place I think it has Irish in it's name. The sun is out - time to start real gardening.

Than anywhere on earth
otnorot

Post by otnorot »

Nancy you have some very nice new hybrids and lots of old timers,I like them all.
Old but still learning
NancyL

Post by NancyL »

I have been remiss in adding the last Irises to bloom for me. I am finally getting blooms on the Japanese that I dug at San Souci, I am sure many bloomed in MD but we are in MI so I missed them. Here are Crystal Halo, Pink Satin and Pixie Won . The last Pink Satin bloomed 4 days ago. They do so well here in this harsh climate (40 below last winter) that I ordered more from Ensata Gardens.

Image Image Image
Than anywhere on earth
New Topic Post Reply