How's your Garden Growing?

Use this area to discuss herb and vegetable gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

How's your Garden Growing?

Post by JaneG »

It's been dry for a long time. I have watered 3 times and the garden seems to be holding up pretty well.

This weekend I made a "zucchini quiche" with my first zucchini from the garden. Have also had a few cucumbers (my favorite fresh garden food), and a hot pepper or two.

I tried a new tomato this year, Big Bite. None have ripened yet, but I'll tell you what, this plant is HUGE! Anyone ever planted Big Bite?

I have a couple acorn squash and they are going gangbusters. It has swallowed up two pepper plants (I know they are in there somewhere, I hope they still produce). I think they are genetically altered acorn squash, or else they were mis-marked because the squash on them are WAAAAY bigger than a normal acorn squash. More like a watermelon. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I was able to stay ahead of the weeds until we got that rain last week, then the weeds just jumped out of the ground, I've got a big job ahead to get the whole thing weeded again. With this heat, the weeds just might win! :roll:

How's your garden doing??
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Check out the corn post to see the corn crop and the tomatoes, well here is a couple shots
New Topic Post Reply