vegetables

Use this area to discuss herb and vegetable gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

ange169us

vegetables

Post by ange169us »

i orderedplants online of tomatoes, raspberries, peppers and zuccinni. when i recieved them they were about 4-6 inches high and looked pretty good. i since planted them in pots with miracle grow potting soil because my garden is not ready. now they appear to be dieing. i pinched off the dead leaves and pruned them. they are in full sun most of the day. is it possible that i over watered them or puhaps i pruned them wrong. how can i save them?
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Not sure, but since they were just shipped they may be a little tramatized. Perhaps a semi-sunny spot would be best till they recover some... :roll:
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

I'd be tramatized too if I was shipped across the nation in a dark box then shoved in MG soil and stuck out in the sunshine some place that I didn't know. I recommend to buy locally when it comes to veggies. Also MG soil, well it's not used here after DH bought a bag home and we saw what it really does.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Don't leave us hanging like that Karma . . . what does MG soil do????????? :o
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

JaneH/G, it's terrible stuff. Mold, fungi and cakes like you wouldn't believe. I will post a photo of where it was dumped when my computer gets home and set back up. Matter of fact we lost several brugs that it was put in just because DH thought it would be good dirt and not what we usually buy. :cry:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Zack

Fish Emulsion?

Post by Zack »

I don't have much luck with the Miracle Grow but have good results with "Fish Emulsion". A product of Alaska that is high in nitrogen but will not "burn" your plants. It's not expensive and you just add a small amount to your watering can. My plants seem to love it.
Glenn
"Montani semper liberi"-SOS-Live Earth
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

My sis did the same thing. With a tomato plant. We planted ours at the same time. Hers got huge fast!! I don't use potting soil for veggies, seems the plant will get big but it won't produce much of any veggies.

Hers tuned yellow too. Mine are big now. She did transplant hers into the ground, so we will wait and see what happens.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply