Pepper Sprouts!!!

Use this area to discuss herb and vegetable gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Pepper Sprouts!!!

Post by nanny_56 »

I am shocked that I really managed to get my Poblano Pepper seeds to sprout!!!!!!! Especially since I have no heat mat or lights setup here.
Poblano Pepper
Poblano Pepper
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Pepper Sprouts!!!

Post by Chris_W »

That's great! Are pablano a hot pepper? We usually grow sweet ones because Brian doesn't like the hot ones as much as I do :P

Are you growing a lot of other veggies?
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Pablanos can be warm, but not hot, at least not to me. Poblanos are usually used for Chili Rellenos. Like most chili peppers the longer they stay on the plant, the hotter they will get.

Yum, chili rellenos, I may have to eat some of those soon, stuffed with chicken and cheese and topped with green chili sauce.... :beer:

Ginger
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Sorry just got back to this!! Poblano are consider a milder hot chile....I would like to grow some California Chiles since we make homemade tamales. I am a tamale addict...but only authentic homemade ones! there are regional differences in Mexico tho...we had someone come teach us how to make them!

We use the poblano's in other stuff to replace jalepano's which just don't agree with me anymore or if we want more flavor than a sweet.

I am just a beginner in veggie gardening...so not much this year. We will do some sweet peppers and 6-8 varieties of tomatoes and some little crookneck squash. Might do spaghetti sguash too.

Will see how this goes. Hope to add garlic and lots of onions next year!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
HomeMadeMom
USDA Zone: 7

Post by HomeMadeMom »

Congrats!
New Topic Post Reply