The fun of organic gardening

Use this area to discuss herb and vegetable gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

Gardentoad
USDA Zone: 5

The fun of organic gardening

Post by Gardentoad »

I use neem oil to control pests and disease in my gardens but since the season is winding down there isn't much left in my veggie garden so I haven't sprayed for over a month.
I was in the garden cutting down plants and I noticed I had some new side shoots on my broccolli and cauliflower plants. I snapped them off and threw them in a pot of water in my sink. A couple hours later I cut the exess stems and leaves off of them, put them in a strainer and rinsed it under the tap. I steamed them for dinner and as I dumped them out of the steamer basket into a bowl I found 2 fat catipillars in the bottom of the basket. These were not tiny ones, both were about an inch long. I know my eyesight isn't what it used to be but I don't know how I missed them.
I showed them to my husband and said "You know I garden organic. If you see some more of these you may want to avoid them." He just smiled and said "Mmmmm. more protein!"

This morning I opened my refrigerator to see a confused wasp sitting on the shelf.

It's so worth it.
Never before have so few with so much promised to take away so much from so many and then laugh their asses off as the so many with so little vote for the so few with so much.

---James Pence
eastwood2007

Re: The fun of organic gardening

Post by eastwood2007 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
beautifulgardens

Re: The fun of organic gardening

Post by beautifulgardens »

Ha ha ha! g1 :D
New Topic Post Reply