Update on Zippy's Cancer

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Lionitus

Update on Zippy's Cancer

Post by Lionitus »

I haven't posted in a while but I'm here daily keeping up with all the news of my fellow pet lovers. Thought I'd tell you all how my Zippy is getting along. He's doing well despite the fact that the cancer is growing rapidly. We have him checked regularly by his doctor who monitors his breathing, weight, etc. Today's weather was spectacular and I was able to get out with my furkids and Zippy had a wonderful time. He rolled around on the patio in the sun, ate some grass and tagged along with Poody and Nicky as they explored our fields. We got pretty far from the house so I carried Zippy home while Poody and Nicky trotted home alongside us. Zippy's energy level is markedly less than normal. He gets worn out very easily and sleeps a lot more.

I have to admit it is excrutiatingly difficult for me to share about Zippy's illness coming so close on the heels of us losing our Really, Puppy and Emmy this year. But, sometimes life gives us lemons and so now I'm trying to make sweet lemonade of the time Zippy has left. He knows how much Husband and I love him and we're spoiling him rotten. We're all doing fine for now. Coming here every day to see your stories and pix always cheers me up.

Thanks for letting me share.

Lionitus
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
Snow

Post by Snow »

I feel your pain, sweety..... :(
~*Snow*~
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

I'm glad you're getting in some sweet, precious time with your furbaby. It's so hard to count the days when you know they're numbered. Zippy's lucky to have a mom who loves him so much.
scootersbear

Post by scootersbear »

Cancer sucks..lost too many family members and furkins from it lately. So I know what your going through...great to hear you can go out for walks with him...good luck
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

((((((((Zippy))))))))
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I'm so glad that Zippy is doing fine right now and that you are all enjoying your time together. I understand how difficult it is to share with us but I do appreciate your posting and letting us know. Hugs to you and Zippy!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

((((((((Lionitus and Zippy)))))))) Your story was bittersweet, glad you had such a grand day with your furkids, sorry that you have to go through so many losses.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwwww, it's so hard knowing that the time is to come to let them go, isn't it? I know how you feel, with Kibbie having cancer......Thanks so much for keeping us updated....Please hug the precious baby for me....Glad Zippy had a great day with you all....

(((((((((Lionitus)))))))))
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Bittersweet is a good word to use , isn't it? It's good that Zippy is able to enjoy the great outdoors and feel the sunshine and warmth on his fur. Thank God he has companions to make his time here on earth enjoyable and more comfortable. Love is obviously abundant in your household.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thank you to all for the kind words of encouragement. Lucy, I'm sorry about Kibbie's illness too. I wish I could lay my hand on Zippy and the cancer would just go away. Too bad the world doesn't work that way. Zippy misses Puppy who was his constant companion. Zippy now treats me as he did Puppy, following me everywhere and snuzzling up against me at night. They were very close. I know when Zippy passes he will get to see Puppy again and Puppy won't be lonely anymore. That is my hope.

Lionitus
- Victor Hugo
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

((((((((Lionitus))))))))
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

(((((Zippy))))

(((Lionitus))))
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

(((((Zippy))))

(((Lionitus))))
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC feels your pain

Post by oldcoot »

His Old Pooper Dawg had had a tumor for several years and we almost lost him several times, but OC's dear sweet loving wife would nurse him back to health each time by hand feeding. We had him 2 years longer then we thought, but it wasn't the tumor that finally got him. It was Old Age and arthritis in his hips Hurt so bad her didnt even want to move.. We could't standi to see our little doggie like that that we had loved sincwe our daughter rescued him at about six weeks from out of the middle of the road. That was 14 years that he lived. And so we had him put to sleep. And we still miss him terrribly..Particulary OC as OC is pretty much hime bound, and his Pooper Dawg was his constant friend and companion. Sure miss seeing that little tail wagging 90 miles a hour ever time you paid any attention to him.Yes OC feels your loss of a beloved pet no matter how old they are. They sure do enrich our lives..

Thank you Lord for all our Pets that we love so dearly. They make us better and more loving folks. OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thank you amr-ind and OC. OC, your story is so touching. I'm sorry about old Pooper Dawg. I can feel how much you loved him and miss him now. I do have hope that my Zippy will be with us longer than the doctor tells us. Our Puppy the Cat was with us almost a whole year longer than he was supposed to be.

Thank you both for the kind words and wishes. It helps very much.

Lionitus
- Victor Hugo
New Topic Post Reply