Watch out for that BEE

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

patsue53

Watch out for that BEE

Post by patsue53 »

My brother-in-law emailed me these pictures of their Weimeraner Sophie who evidentally decided to make a meal of a bees nest. Poor girl. I'll caption them as he did in his mail. :eek: :lol:
Attachments
And since there's room for 3 pictures here's Sophie with her boxer brother, Hudson. :)
And since there's room for 3 pictures here's Sophie with her boxer brother, Hudson. :)
This is Sophie's head on Bee Venom
This is Sophie's head on Bee Venom
This is Sophie's head
This is Sophie's head
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:o OMG! Poor, poor Sophie! Hope she feels better soon!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Ohhhhhh....look at those sad eyes! :o

I grew up with a weimaraner....our Zeta did the same thing....she moped around for several days...and there wasn't a thing we could do.......p :cry:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

That poor baby!! Do you think they learn to stay away from the bees after an incident like that? :(
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Poor Baby :o

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Aww the poor thing! Bless her heart. At least Hudson seems to be giving her some sympathy along with getting his face washed! My boxer Temper has been stung several times, but she will still try to snatch bees out of the air :lol: :lol:

Tell your BIL to give her a pat and hug from me, and give one to that good looking Hudson also! I just love Boxers.

Ginger
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Ah the poor puppy! I hope she will be ok.

Snow

Post by Snow »

Oh that poor baby :(
~*Snow*~
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Sophie's fine. I got to visit her this week as we had our 10th Anniversary of our Sibling Reunion at the Outer Banks in NC last week. I flew into Richmond (where Sophie and Hudson live) and drove to NC with my step-sister and brother-in-law. Sophie looks as good as new. This was my first time to meet Hudson. Pam and Joe adopted him from a shelter in Virginia a few months ago. He is about a year old and was about 7 mos old when they got him. He is a gorgeous Boxer and as sweet as can be. His coat is a dark-reddish sable. They're thrilled to have found him as they'd been trying to locate a boxer to rescue for a while and always seemed to be just one step behind when they'd go to visit one at a shelter. He and Sophie instantly became fast friends. Sophie was missing her former Boxer brother, Jack who had to be put down last year. :(
New Topic Post Reply