Flea meds....again

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

newtohosta-no more

Flea meds....again

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Hi Everyone,
I just had to order more flea meds (since I've added more cats to our household) and I found a site where I got a really good deal! My order won't come for 2-3 weeks, so I'll let you know then if everything is as it should be when the order arrives.
I went to totalpetsupply.com and they have a 125% price match guarantee if you find the same product cheaper elsewhere. You do have to call them to get the price match, so that's what I did. They also have free shipping if the order is over $99.00 AND they had a new customer discount of 10%. (the friend referral code is 1799864 and the check out code is TPS10....if you use these you can tell them my online username and the state where I live as the friend who referred you. Just explain to them that your "friend" is an online friend who does not use their real name at the pet forum you use.)
I ended up saving about $40.00 less than the other place I was going to order from...and when you care for as many cats as I do, that really helps! The other place I was going to use was Joespetmeds.com. They seemed to have the best prices, until I found that other site with the price match quarantee.
Just wanted to pass that on to all of you in case you are in need of flea meds. :D
And if anyone else finds a better/cheaper place to order, please do share it with us. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
eastwood2007

Re: Flea meds....again

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hi, Joan -

Thanks for the tip! Can you tell me what flea meds you use for cats? I use natural pyrethrin on my dogs, but I understand you can't use that for cats.

We've never had much of a flea problem, but this year it is terrrrrrible!!! I've never seen anything like it!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
newtohosta-no more

I've always used Advantage, Charla, and it seems to work. And you're right about this year being bad. :???:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I will look at this for sure!! Menards have them for $36. this week on sale .....for Frontline Plus....Now that is cheep......

Thanks Joan!!! :beer:
John

Post by John »

I keep the dogs on brewer's yeast, year-round, just some sprinkled on their food. This is supposed to make the dogs taste bad to the fleas. With the exception of one incredibly bad summer, have not seen a flea in decades. It does take some time for the stuff to build up and work, not an instant fix. It is high in vitamins B, and so is water-soluble, and should be okay.

I don't know anything about cats.
newtohosta-no more

LG....with my discounts I ended up getting a 6pk. for large cats for $30.94 and a 4pk. for small cats for $18.19. I bought multiples since they were so cheap. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

We used to do the same thing on our dog years ago, John....It worked then, too.....but you have to make sure they do not miss and you keep it in the dog evenly for it to work...I didn't work back then..... :lol:

Oh, I should say that I was talking the small dog price on the Frontline.....Menards DO have the one for cats too.....I will look today just for my own, to see how much they are on sale for.....But I understand you have a lot of cats Joan.....so :beer: to you! :wink:
New Topic Post Reply