Walking Through the Valley Again

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thank you so very much to Everyone here. You are so compassionate, understanding and supportive. It's really quite wonderful. I sure would love to meet you all someday. I feel like you are old friends.

We're ok here. Very sad, but ok. As one life passes through our home another will soon enter. It is so very true that there is always another furbaby that needs a loving home. In a few weeks we'll go in search of a new friend. For now, we're just spending some quiet time with our Nicky and Poody.

Thanks again. You all warm my heart. I can't express to you how important this forum has been to me. I only hope I give back a little of what you have all given to me.

Lionitus
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwww, as Snow would say.....Bless Your Heart! It's hard, but we do get through....I came in here just to see if you posted, and sure enough, you did....

You should try to get up to Chris's in augest for the get together......I would love meeting you.....That's if your able.....

Hang in there, Lionitus! :D (((Huggs)))
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

LucyGoose, it is so sweet of you to watch over me. We got quite a bit of snow last night and so this morning I went out and loaded up the birdfeeders for the poor little birds who have to be out in the 20 mile-an-hour, 20 degree wind. It makes me feel better to help the little creatures. I know Zippy would have appreciated a full bird feeder right next to his window. He would have watched Kitty TV all day long! As a matter of fact, he used to do that every day.

Is there an event in August at Hallson's? Gosh, that would be fun to meet some of my forum friends. Not to mention, I'd love to see the Nursery and meet the great people who work for Hallsons. I'll positively put that on my calendar.

Please take care,
Lionitus
- Victor Hugo
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I'm glad you posted Lionitus. I know it's been very rough and very emotional for you. They say time heals all wounds, but I don't know it that's entirely true. Time certainly does soften the hurt though. It's good to hear you looking ahead to helping another cute little critter when the time feels right. As you said...there are always tons of furkids out there in need of a good and loving home and they will certainly find that with you and your family.
And as Lucy said...do consider coming to the Hallson Get-together in August. I went for the first time in 2005 and it was wonderful meeting so many forum members. I had met Chris and Brian before , but it was great seeing them both again. They are truly the hosts with the most! :D We have lots of fun with an auction of donated hostas (and other things) and everyone brings something to share in the way of food or drink. Anyway....think about it more this summer. :)
And I hope your heart will find peace now that Zippy is out of pain. (((Lionitus)))
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I've been thinking of you... I know your heart is so sad right now. I hope that your memories of Zippy will bring you peace and comfort. Hugs, Peg
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

(((((Lionitus)))))
~*Snow*~
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thanks Joan, Peg and Snow. You have all comforted me greatly. For some reason, today was particularly difficult and I found myself crying several times. I know eventually it will get better but I miss him. Just as I feared, he struggled and it was not an easy transition for him. I feel terrible guilt over that.

I think it would be a thrill to attend the get-together. I'm hoping DH and I can make it up. I look forward to it.

Lionitus
- Victor Hugo
Snow

Post by Snow »

I'm sorry that it wasnt as peaceful as you'd hoped. But dont be burdened with guilt - he did not know, and now he's at peace and without pain and fear. Trust me - I do understand those feelings you have.
~*Snow*~
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

So sorry to hear of Zippy's difficult transition. I've been thinking of you and your loss. Please try not to be too hard on yourself because you provided him as much comfort as humanly possible throughout his life and you were with him in the end. You did the best that you could possibly do and now he is no longer suffering and is at peace. Wish I could say something that could take away the pain you are feeling, but as you know it will get better. Try to remember all the good times you and your buddy had and be comforted in those memories.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:( ((((Lionitus))))
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thank you all. I feel a bit better. I got calls from my sister, SIL and Mom last night. They must have felt my sadness. By the time I was done talking to them I didn't feel like crying anymore. My SIL is particularly funny and we always end up laughing ourselves silly when we talk. She was bringing up all kinds of silly kitty stories about my kitties that really helped my heart feel better. She sits for our kitties when we're gone and spends a lot of time at our home and so knows our furchildren very well. She just took on a dumped kitty and they are getting along wonderfully. I'm so happy for her because her kitty died a year ago and it was a very sad situation. Her new kitty is Snow. She's a long-haired, pure white kitty. When my SIL is getting her food, Snow sits on her hind legs like a gopher and just stays like that for as long as it takes my SIL to prepare her food and put it on the floor. Snow was kept in a basement for 2 years because the family did not like her and complained that she shed too much hair. But remarkably, Snow is not withdrawn or sad or defensive. She is ALL OVER my SIL. It's like when the basement door opened and the light shown on her again she just opened up into a beautiful flower. She is very talkative and sweet and since my SIL lives alone she is the perfect match for Snow. When I was on the phone with my SIL Snow was in her lap and my SIL was brushing her hair. It's such a great thing for them both. They were meant for each other and have grown to truly love each other in just a few months. That really, really warms my heart.

You all have been a Godsend. Thank you for everything. You've lifted me up and eased my burden. This is what life is about......helping each other.

Lionitus

Lionitus
- Victor Hugo
Snow

Post by Snow »

Well you just brought a smile to my face :wink: And great name for that kitty - your sister has excellent taste 8-)
~*Snow*~
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Snow, I thought you'd like that.
- Victor Hugo
New Topic Post Reply