Dirofilariasis

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

GREAT NEWS all the way around!!! :D :D

So glad that Thunder is back on his feet and that you found a new puppy to train! :)

My newest SIL was/is a Recon Marine. He's actually separating from the service at the end of this month. Medical problems with his legs kept him from going to Iraq with his unit and he feels that if he can't go with his unit then he just wants to get out of the marines and go on with his life. Poor guy even had steel rods put into his legs so he could do what he was trained to do. :(

anyway......I digress.........keep us updated with pics and news about both of their progress!! :)
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Really happy to hear about Thunder!!!
Give him a hug from all of us here :D

Congrats on the new pup too. He sure is a cute thing!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Debbie, I have Thunder, who I've trained in live search, cadaver, water search, competion obedience and Schutzhund. Ursa will be trained in Explosive detection and K9 oriented protection/apprehension work. My plans are for her to go into police work or military.
Other than those two working dogs, I have the two old terrieres, Polly and Pete. They are retired hunt terriers that are only good for lots of hugs and cussin out. :wink:
Jane, :o Aside from the ethics of that, it would be very costly dog training :lol: . No! bomb dogs are trained to give a passive alert. In otherwords, when they make a find, they simply sit and look at the "find".
Pat, my heart goes out to you SIL. Their dedication to one another is unbelievable. That had to be a tough decision.
Annie, IT'S TRUE!! After only a couple of days with Ursa, I do believe I've got huge JRT pup here. Maligator, Malinoid, GSD on crack. She fits all of the nicknames for the Mals! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and I love it! :D :D :wink:
A good working GSD (Thunder) could make a fantastic pet in the right hands. I can't imagine this sweet? little monster living anthing but a kamikazi life style. Even crazy old Pete is staying out of her way. :o
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

OED, oh, for some reason I thought u had gotten, or were waiting for a puppy just a few weeks ago,to train as a drug dog as I seem to remember u saying something about u had to get a special license to have drugs?

Then u mentioned the other day about this new dog. I knew about Thunder's work. I would love to meet him some day as I think he is a wonderful dog! And of course, I'd like to meet you too! :lol:

Sounds like you'd better start eating your wheaties. :lol: :lol:

Debbie

madmama

Post by madmama »

OED, I have been keeping a close eye on this thread and am so glad that Thunder is doing so well. And your new puppy is just adorable!!!! As the owner of a GSD I so enjoy reading about all Thunder can do. I would love to meet him some day and being so close to you maybe I will make it in to do that.
I had hoped to really train mine when I got him, but his temperament, my lack of knowledge and his hip dysplasia kind of ruined that. He is 7 now and still with us which I am very thankful. When he was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at 6 months (which according to the vet is very young to have it as bad as he did) we were told we would be lucky if he made it to 5. He is on Rimadyl and is doing ok.
Please give Thunder a good scratching behind the ears for me. That is one very special dog you have there.
<font size="+2" I>Jane<I/font>
New Topic Post Reply