Kitten has gone into heat...

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

You are so mean, Pat!!:lol:

I haven't posted here yet, but I think I would get both fixed and get a baby from the shelter. Just do what is best for you!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Thank you for your opinions and advice. Just when I think I've made up my mind I second guess myself, but I appreciate the input. So far I haven't changed the appointments, so I think I will talk to the vet and see what he thinks.

No matter what we decide I'll be sure to get pictures :)
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

Chris, it's a very difficult decision. I've had cats all my life and as I grew up, our mom cats had kittens and it was easy to find homes for them. Now it is very difficult. The shelters and no kill shelters are full and the wild cats are put down almost immediately.

Recently I tried to help a wonderful stray and at the vets, he tested positive for both FIV and Leukemia. Had to put him down. . .

I currently have two wild females outside that I've captured and spayed and have one wild male that's being neutured next. All of my indoor cats(4) are adopted wild kitties and are all fixed. I've made peace with my choice to spay as soon as possible. My older wild mom may have been pregnant but I still had her spayed.

Good luck and best wishes to you and your kitties!
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

Cimi has now been spayed, and after getting the vet bill that finally made up my mind! Next time, I'm going to the humane society and get a kitten for a lot less money ;)

Took Cleo too for her shots, and she will be spayed next week.

I didn't think we would keep these two kittens, but they sure have grown on us ;) Actually, Cleo was my least favorite of all the kittens. She was shy and reserved - was always the last to join the group... but she ended up being the most lovable of the bunch. When I look back at the pictures of all the kittens she is the ONLY one that was always watching me in every shot

Here are some pictures of them:
Attachments
And this is Cleo as a baby.
And this is Cleo as a baby.
This is Cleo, following me around as usual.  I call her my little shadow.
This is Cleo, following me around as usual. I call her my little shadow.
This is Cimi.  People always say it looks like she has a moustache...
This is Cimi. People always say it looks like she has a moustache...
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

They look like natural born garden kitties, especially Cleo next to the plant label. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Chris, they are so cute! Why did u say you'd get your next kitten at the human society after getting the vet's bill? Do the Humane society spayed their kittens?

Debbie

lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

or you could even adopt a young kitty that has already been spayed! That will be even cheaper. :)
There are so many unwanted kitties that I am glad you decided in favor of spaying. If you want an all white kitty my next door neighbor has one with long hair and one of those perpetual kitten faces. Of course, I think she wants $300.00 for her because she is a pure bred persian, and she isn't spayed yet, but she sure is a cutie pie. (Neighbor doesn't breed for those squashed flat faces. She feels that kitties should be able to breathe.)
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

In our area the humane society does not release an un-neutered animal. or they are sold with a higher price and the promise of getting them neutered and then the new owner can return and get money back after neutering.
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

The area humane societies will have kittens and cats that have already been immunized and neutered or spayed for a lot less than the cost of taking your own pet to the vet for those things. And the prospect of having to spay or neuter 4 or 5 more kittens would be way too much money!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Pretty Tortie-girls! Would have had pretty kittens JUST KIDDING! :lol:

I'm glad that decision is behind you. I can't wait to see pictures of your new kitten when you get one.

I need to get Hugo in to be neutered. I'm not looking forward to that cost either but it needs to be done. 8-)
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Gee, that is great that they will spayed the kitten already! When I worked at the Humane Society we gave shots but never did the spayeding. But if we had one up here and they spayed the animals first, I think I would have a few more kittens. :lol: But don't tell Gary.... ok? :lol:

Debbie

New Topic Post Reply