Wildlife or pet?

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Wildlife or pet?

Post by wishiwere »

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I will ass.u.me that this is a poaching critter from one of the neighborhood homes?

My cats are going nuts as they aren't allowed out and here is this beauty sitting under feeders waiting and watching!
Attachments
visiting white cat2.jpg
visiting white cat1.jpg
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

What a pretty animal he/she is. Have you ever seen him before? He looks healthy and clean, much as I can see from that distance. Maybe he belongs to someone new in the neighborhood.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Well, we are sort of in the country, only 14 houses on this square mile with the freeway on one side about 1/4 mile away, so I am not sure where she/he is from. No newbies that I know of right now, although someone may have acquired one over the winter that I hadn't seen yet, most of us keep our cats indoors as we all have dogs also :)

As this pic shows her/his feet are pink and can't see an dirt at all, in fact her ears are almost tranluscent. I've read that all white cats are many times deaf, although she heard me open the bathroom window and screen, so that can't possible! :) She/he was intent on cranking the head to the birds above in the spruce! BRAT anyway! :)

Not sure if anyone remembers, but last year we had a white cat (but was very fluffy) living under our shed. Dh dug it a path after a major storm for fear it was embedded one more :( Same morning, he shoveled paths through 3 feet of snow for the dogs and from the house to the bird feed shed to the feeders! :) Anyway, I am thinking this is one of it's offspring.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Oops, here's the pink toes I was seeing and forgot to post :)
Attachments
visiting white cat3.jpg
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

That is a beautiful cat! It does look too clean and healthy to be feral. Love that first picture by the way. :)
Annie

Post by Annie »

That is a beautiful cat! I have a couple of kittys in my yard too since I started feeding the birds :(
Mine have collars on them so I know someone owns them.
Love the first pic, looks like a poster.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Jane, your right. That kitty looks much too good to be a wild and surely must belong to someone! I hate it when our barn cats come to the house and sit under the bird feeders! :evil:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Gorgeous. Just a note: I have heard that there is a feline distemper (panleucopenia) epidemic going on. If your indoor kitties aren't immunized you may want to get them done. Unfortunately feline distemper is airborne. Although your stray does look healthy.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

My cats don't go out, but the twins (cockers do for long whiles), is it something they can bring in on them? THey wouldn't go looking for the cat, in fact I've noticed recently the bunnies don't even run anymore. They do keep an eye for them coming towards them, but sometimes, they've stayed put in the snow while the girls do their business and come back in without running and hiding!

Real guard dogs you know! LOL.. Can barely see or hear, but those noses know no bounderies! :)
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

What a pretty cat! I hope it is not deaf. Apprently a lot of pure white cats can be either deaf or blind. I love the first pic! Very statuesque!

Debbie

Annie

Post by Annie »

I think the white cats with one blue eye and one gold one are the ones that are prone to be deaf. We had a barn kitty like that.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Well, that's good to hear :) She/he has not returned, so I'll assume she/he lives close by. She was twisting around quite often hearing the birds above in that tree and definitely heard me quietly lift the screen in the window that I wanted to to get her pic through, so I am certain she could both hear and see, as you can see in all the pics I did take that she was looking directly at me :) Here's one from when she first heard me :)
Attachments
visiting white cat4.jpg
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

look at that pink nose! Feline Distemper is airborne so I imagine it could simply be wafted in through the door when the puppies... ahem... I mean guard dogs come in. Of course, it could simply come in through any open door or window. Cats that are infected usually look like they have a bad cold with a nasty runny nose. (yuck)
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
New Topic Post Reply