Nicky is so Handsome

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Lionitus

Nicky is so Handsome

Post by Lionitus »

Nicky doesn't like it when people pet him but he loves to be admired from afar. He was rescued by neighbors who ended up abadoning him when they moved after caring for him for 9 years! So, needless to say, I had to rescue him a second time. There was no way I was leaving him on the streets. He has a wonderful personality and I am the only one he allows to stroke his fur and get close enough to sweet talk him. Despite his stand-offishness he is an absolute clown! He and Zippy love each other and play like kittens all the time. Each evening when I settle on the couch for reading or watching TV, Nicky jumps up on the back of the couch right behind my head and extends his front paw down to rest it on my shoulder. I treasure those times because he is fiercely independent and I like to think that that small gesture is his way of showing his love, happiness and gratitude. He is a handsome boy.
Attachments
A Handsome Boy.JPG
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Now that is a BEAUTIFUL KITTY! Maybe cause I have a black cat and dog LOL. My George is the nearest thing to a lighter color. And he is getting grayer by the minute.
I love the all white :o
That was very good of you to take him in after someone left him. I just don't understand people who just up and leave their critters!!!! :evil:
They could at least take the time to find a home for them if they don't want them.
I am happy to see he found a new home with you.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

He's more than handsome... he's absolutely elegant! And thank goodness there are people in the world like you who are willing to take in an animal that needs a good home :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Wow! What a handsome boy indeed! What a beauty! And to think they just left him behind! Some people shouldn't be allowed to live :(
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:o Wow, oh WOW! He is absolutely gorgeous! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwww, why in the world would they just leave him after 9 years? Was he their inside cat, and they just let him out when they moved? OMG, it is so good you took him in......And handsome, he is!!! :D
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thank you all for the kind comments. LucyGoose, Nicky was abandoned the first time when he was about six months old by people who lived behind us. They also left behind Nicky's brother and sister. My neighbor beside me and I helped find homes for his siblings. At the time, my husband and I already had four kitties and felt we couldn't handle any more so our neighbors took him. For all those 9 years I tried to think of a way to make him ours. Awful, isn't it? I thought he was the most beautiful cat I'd ever seen.

Actually, I should have figured that his second set of "parents" would abandon him too. He was left outdoors almost all the time. He mostly ate birds, rabbits, rodents anything he could catch. His owners would feed him "when they remembered", so Nicky spent a lot of time hanging out at my house where he got supplement care and could play with Zippy. Unfortunately, the neighbor's husband was a bit unstable and a few times he would find out I had Nicky in the house and he would stand at my door demanding I let Nicky out of the house because he didn't belong to me. Then he'd promptly walk to his own house with Nicky in his arms and deposit him on the front porch. This when it was 10 degrees outside! He infuriated me! I can't tell you how many times I'd find Nicky sitting at my front door in awful, terrible weather. I never hesitate to take him in.

I was elated when they moved and didn't take him with them! I waited all that time to truly have Nicky and call him ours and care for him properly. He's happy and safe now. For his first two years or so, Nicky had a little black smudge of hair on his forhead but he outgrew that and is a pure white now. I love that all his features (nose, ears and pads) are pink. It's just adorable.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Well, all I can is thank God for that cat he had you and most importantly, I certainly hope God made sure that man was impotent!

What an inhumane being. Good thing you lost them as neighbors hey?

Glad you finally have him permanently. :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwwww, I am so glad that you finally got him.....How weird for that man to not want him inside on a cold day, but didn't want you to have him either.....Weird.....

:beer: to you for rescuing him. Now her gets feed and vet care and LOVE!!
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

He is so beautiful! I am so glad u took him in and gave him the love he was lacking. Poor kitty! How can people do that to animals? I will never understand that.

Debbie

Snow

Post by Snow »

Unfortunately, some people (too many) see animals, particularly cats, as disposable - almost inanimate. If we could only rescue them all. He is a real beauty - I'm so glad he gets to live out the rest of his life with you!
~*Snow*~
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

It was destiny that Nicky end up with you and even Nicky knew it. People can be so cruel and that's very hard to understand. I'm so happy he is with you now in a safe and loving home. Elegant truly is a good word to describe him.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

I agree that it was fate that Nicky is with you now.

I can't believe people leave animals like they are trash.

Thanks for providing such a nice home for him

:D :D
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

I think that paw on the shoulder pose, means he is very loving and possessive of you. He sounds like the type of kitty who would protect you from anything that might threaten you. I'll bet that neighbor was lucky he never did anything more than yell. Nicky is a gorgeous kitty and very lucky to have you.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

What a striking fellow Nicky is....absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for rescuing him. You have a good heart.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I just can't fathom how people can be so cold and cruel. :(

Nicky is a gorgeous kitty! :cool: I'm glad that he now has a loving home with you. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply