question for feline behaviorists

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

lazygardner

question for feline behaviorists

Post by lazygardner »

As soon as I come in the door at home from work the kitties greet me, but as soon as Nickie (youngest of the bunch, female and wannabe top cat), gets into the litterbox and pees... every morning. It is like she says hello, oh its you, now I have to pee?????? I admit, sometimes I come in running for the bathroom, but I have a long drive home and no litter box or bathroom in the car. What is her excuse?

Another amusing note: the favorite cat toy in the house right now is a small rock. it is about an inch and a half across and about a half inch thick; a rounded cylinder shape. I think I brought it inside because it is a fossil.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Maybe the excitement of your arrival puts stress on her little bladder? :lol: Or maybe she wants you to see her using the litter pan so you'll know she's a good girl? Who knows with cats?? :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good answers Joan!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

I know a lot about feline behavior. And the one thing I know the best is that you can rarely figure out why they do what they do :lol:
~*Snow*~
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Both excellent answers!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess I won't take it as an insult, since no one said she is telling me, "Eh! You are finally home! I pee on you!" *to be said in a gruff french accent*
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Not to get personal here... but our cat's litter box is in the laundry room which is attached to our downstairs bathroom. She HATES the door to be closed so when she sees anyone headed for that bathroom, she rushes in also. Not always, but often she heads for her litter box when any of us head for the toilet. Kinda like "see, I can do this too!" We just think it's funny and try not to analyze it too much.

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I guess we'd need some analysis ourselves if we devoted too much time to analyizing why our cats do what they do. :lol: They are mysterious critters and they like it that way. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply