Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

(((((Janey))))) I'm so sorry. :(
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Janey, it is so sad to hear that Banks has passed. Your heart must be broken. My sincere condolences.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Oh Janey! :( My heart aches for you! (wiping tears)
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Janey...I'm so sad for your loss. I'm sure Banks was much more content being at home when the time came. Please accept my condolences also. ((((Janey)))))
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
janey

Post by janey »

I've washed all of Banks' bedding and bowls and toys and packed them away. I'm OK except for that lump in my throat that comes out of no where when I least expect it.

And Bailey is eating, although she still wanders looking for that creature that was either playing with her, or tormenting the daylights out of her!

Thank you again, everyone. Your thoughts and shared feelings mean more than I can adequately express in this format. Know that every post brought a special comfort.
Pet lovers share a bond....partner that w/ plant lovers and that makes for an incredible support group!

My best wishes to all of you, and the pets you love.

janey
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Janey - Just saw this post, and I wanted to send you a cyber(((HUG))). I'm so sorry about Banks. It is amazing how our animals creep into our hearts and stay there forever. Banks was fortunate to have such a wonderful family.
Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Janey,

Just saw this, have been off a while. I am so sorry about Banks. I think you did the right thing, allowing him to die in peace in his home without letting anyone poke and prod on him. Plant a hosta in his memory.

Ginger
janey

Post by janey »

Again, thank you all that have shared your thoughts and feelings and sympathy....I thought I was just A-OK. then I had to tell my neighbor....Virginia is a pet person...she is the one that found Bailey and Banks for me....We did the tears over the fence thing. But she said I did the right thing, and that meant a lot to me.

Ginger, I love the idea of the hosta!!.....Hadn't thought of that...That is so perfect. Now to find the perfect one.....

Think I'll go get some ideas.... :D

Thanks, Ginger!
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Janey, I'm so sorry. Having just lost my Puppy the Cat I understand how it hurts. I have to agree that you did the right thing. We had been fighting Puppy's demise for 18 months and there were times he looked so miserable that I felt guilty. Right now, we have an 18 year old female suffering from thyroid disease and kidney failure. She is on IV fluids and is supposed to have it every day, however, there are days when she just darn well does not want me to put that needle in her back. She cries and runs when she hears me coming with the IV bag. So I just put it away until the next day. I will not force her, she knows what she wants. And she does get her meds at least every other day and is doing pretty well considering. My husband and vet feel that that is just fine and I'm grateful to have their support. I guess I just want the same thing you talked about and that is to give her some dignity. And I too have one kitty, Zippy, who lives for the thrill of the "great escape." He really keeps us on our toes.

I'm sorry I blathered on about my kitty's problems. I am sorry about Banks. (((Janey)))
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

So sorry for you and Bailey, but with poison you can do nothing after a very short time, so giving him comfort at home was the right thing to do
Pia.
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

(((((((Janey and Bailey)))))))
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Janey, gosh Im sorry I just read this post and seen you lost Banks. I know about poisoning too. Lost a cat to it and then darn near lost Eli to it and it was my very own stupidity!

But you did the right thing. I took my cat to the vets,who probed and poked her and 2 days and 400 dollars later she passed anyway. So Banks went peacefully. Usually by the time they show signs of poisoning its too late to save them.

(((hugs)))
janey

Post by janey »

Thank you. The more I hear, the more I am convinced that Banks got into anti-freeze, and the outcome would have been as it was no matter what. At least he was safe and warm and frequently scratched right in that favorite spot under his chin. :wink:
New Topic Post Reply