Think good thoughts ***UPDATE*** GOOD NEWS! :)

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Blackkat

Post by Blackkat »

The antibiotic wouldn't happen to be called Clavamox (the human version is called Augmentin), would it? If it is, you're in luck! That stuff works wonders on bite wound infections.

Trying to pill a cat can be a physically and emotionally trying experience. We resorted to using a pill "popper" for Selena, but even then, the little minx managed to roll the pill from the back of her throat and spit it out like a watermelon seed.

Good luck with Moonie. I hope he gets better soon, though if he's eating good, that's a good sign.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Clavamox is exactly what we have!! He gets them twice a day. He really seems to be fine. His paws aren't as warm today.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:beer: Wonderful news Pat!
A note of caution. If you don't have enough anitibiotics for a full treatment, that could only create a resistance for that particular antibiotic.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Pat I'm so glad your fur baby is back home again!! Yeahh!!

I hope the wounds get better soon.

Debbie

Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Yippee! I'm so glad your boy came home.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Pat, I'm so glad your sweet Moonie is home! :D I didn't post before but you were both in my thoughts and I was so hoping for a happy ending. I would just be sick if Jasmine or Liesel were missing and I didn't know they were safe.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Sheesh......Well I am sorry I didn't get to the pet forum for a while.....So glad Moon is home Pat.....No more letting him out, or his sneaking....:lol:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I'm late reading up on this too, but boy am I glad I did! Thank goodness your Moonie is home again. Sounds as though he was VERY HAPPY to see you. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
bengal

Post by bengal »

Harsh but effective way to pretty much ensure Moon and his buddies do not try to escape again:

Have a bowl of water ready and waiting by each of your doors--on counter or whatever. If/when Explorer Cat attempts to get out, dump bowl on the poor guy. Yup, sounds incredibly mean, but it's one of the recommended methods to teach cats to stay away from doors. Of course, you want to make sure the door isn't open, as you want the cat to run back into the interior of your house, not outside!
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

So glad Moon is home! Isn't that a sickening feeling when you can't find them?

And Clavamox is what Monkey got for his infected puncture wound on his arm, cleared it right up. Fortunately, all of my cats are easy to pill. Monkey even got to the point with the Clavamox that when he saw the dropper, he'd start smacking his licks and licking, we barely had to hold him at all to get it down.

Our older cat doesn't even know when she's getting a pill, She loves to be brushed, and I gently pry her jaws apart and pop a pill in, then keep brushing right away. She purrs through the whole thing and doesn't miss a beat LOL! I must be pretty fortunate.

Give Moonie big hugs from all of us and tell him to stay at home and be safe!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Moonie's doing just fine now. No more fever and his ears have healed. And he's staying INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Great to hear!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply