OED, how is Thunder doing?

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Tundra_Queen

OED, how is Thunder doing?

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Hi
I was just wondering how Thunder is doing? Is he back to training now and strong like he use to be?

And how is the new pup doing?
hope everything is going well.

Debbie

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Thunder is doing great! He's back on track for his Schutzhund I title in Nov or Dec.
Ursa isn't as much a demon as I'd expect from a Mal but still has a lot of potential as a working dog. She's actually quite a little sweetheart.....till she starts doing her bite work :eek: :lol: .
She does have Pete's (JRT) number though. She's only 4 months old and he avoids her like the plague. Thunder was almost two before Pete showed him any respect.
I'll try and get a few pics of both at training this weekend....if I can remember to take my camera. :roll: :oops: :lol:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

I am so glad both dogs are doing good! I would have loved to see Ursa put Pete in his place! That must of been funny! :lol:

Will be looking forward to seeing the pics.

Take care
Debbie :-)

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Not so much that Ursa had to put Pete in his place. It was more like she wasn't about to put up with his bs. As a pup, Thunder was very respectful (submissive) to Pete. That's normal puppy behaviour. From the get go, Ursa wouldn't show submission to Pete. Luckily, I've been keeping a close watch on things. It's all about attitude and body language.
Thunder and Ursa would be best buddys if given the chance. Unfortunately, as working dogs, they need to bond with me as dogs will bond with another dog much closer then with a human if allowed. Once she's 6-8 months old, I'll allow much mor interaction between them.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

OED, I'm so glad to hear Thunder is so well and is back to working! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply