Finally! Some new cat pics

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Finally! Some new cat pics

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

It has been ever so long since I've had any new photos of the cats. We're still working on getting a garden established so there's not alot of picturesque settings for cats just yet. But these few shots turned out decent, I think.
Attachments
Miss Gracie - on the move.  She's my little Pleistocene princess.  Just look at that coat!  She was made for an ice age. =)
Miss Gracie - on the move. She's my little Pleistocene princess. Just look at that coat! She was made for an ice age. =)
gracie-32.jpg (45 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
This one reminds me of the story of the Princess and the Pea.
This one reminds me of the story of the Princess and the Pea.
gracie-33.jpg (26.06 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
Tuck is losing weight!  Huzzah!  He was getting a little to large for his own good, but is slimming down now.
Tuck is losing weight! Huzzah! He was getting a little to large for his own good, but is slimming down now.
tuck-at-sunset2.jpg (48.51 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Awwww....they are real beauties! :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I just love your big fluffy kitties! :P
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Awww! LOL I love the second photo. Reminds me of my cats. I don't care how many dirty clothes I have on the floor doing laundry, they WILL find the clean towels to lay on for a nap :lol:

Do you cats get knots in their hair? Man George is a knot magnet!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Minnow
USDA Zone: 6
Location: Henderson County 35 19' 12.15" N 82 35' 40.40" W Elevation2143

Furballs

Post by Minnow »

I need another one! :wink: :roll: DH & I have 3, but everytime I see pics of others pets I want another one! :lol: They are beautiful! :D

And by the way to you feed them furball food? They look like they need it!

Elizabeth

No man needs a vacation as bad as the man who has just had one.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Mike!!

I loved the pictures!! Awwwww, having a cat loose weight is hard! Kudos!! He will be healthier!!

Thanks for sharing!! :cool:
Garden_of_Mu

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Gracie gets mats something awful because of her really dense undercoat. it grabs any little bit of debris and winds itself into knots. We just snip them out whenever she'll consent to letting us mess with her. Tuck was getting some knots back where he couldn't reach to bathe, but that is not as much an issue now that he is dropping some weight.

We were very bad and left food out all the time for them. None of the others has any problem with it but Tuck does, so only food for a bit in the morning and then again at dinner time now. He has lost weight surprisingly fast. I didn't expect to see results so soon. But he has been very active since it warmed up.

I'm a bit worried about him this morning. He has not shown up after going out last night into the fenced in back yard and he's no where to be found. :(
~ Mike

Seuss
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Mike, did Tuck make it back in safely?
Charla
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Thanks for the pics, Mike. I missed your cuties!

I, too, have had to switch to 2 daily feedings and not leaving food out. My Butch has lost some weight and is looking better. I do think the warm weather has him more active, too.

Did Tuck make it back safely? I always worry when Butch doesn't show up in his usual places at his usual times.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Garden_of_Mu

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

He didn't show up by lunchtime so I made the rounds to the neighbors, with no luck. Then on a whim I went down the slope behind the veggie garden and then I heard him crying.

He was 20 feet up in a fir tree and couldn't get down. I got a ladder out and got about six feet below him on a precarious perch. After 20 minutes of coaxing I finally convinced him to just make some move to get lower so he jumped straight down onto me, and I caught him no problem. Did get a claw down the face though and a nasty scratch on my nose, but he's safe and that's what's important.

He was soaking wet and seemed content to be carried but as we came out of the trees he was very upset and agitated, looking around fearfully. I suspect a coyote chased him up the tree as he has never been known to climb anything before. He stayed in the rest of the day and has stayed close to the house today. I also found where he got out of the fenced yard and fixed that problem.

He is so annoying at night since his food dish has been put away that it is nice to be able to put him out back and get some sleep. I can't do it though unless I know he's going to be safe.
~ Mike

Seuss
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

I'm glad both of you are okay! :D You a little scratched up and Tuck a little shook-up! But alls well that ends well!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh my goodness.....sooo glad he is safe now!! :D
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Mike,
Love the new pics of your furballs. I'm glad Tuck was safe. Maybe the weight loss ended up saving his life, making him just a step faster so he could get up the tree. :roll:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Whew! Glad he is okay!!!
Charla
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

What a scare for you both! Love the pics, they are beautiful kitties! My brother gets his boy shaved this time of year just once for the summer, or he ends up just coverd in knots from his wanderings. Poor guy, he looks so sad, but the vet seems to say it's okay.

So glad you are both safe and sound. I bet he'll think twice about going past that fence next time. At least, let us all hope for his sake and your rest! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Good to see photos of the fur-babies... Hello from my three furry kids :)

Glad to hear Tuck is safe. I had to climb a ladder to get Jet down once, we were painting our living room that is about 20 feet tall. He got up top and could not figure out how to get back down. I climbed up about 2/3 of the way and when he figured I was close enough, he launched himself at me and took us both down. I fell about 10 feet, landing on my knee that I had surgery on the year before. Once I got past the "seeing stars" stage, I realized that I was still holding on to Jet LOL!.

I'll have to post some more photos of my fur-babies also... along with my new scaly babies (lizards) once I get their new enclosures set up.

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
New Topic Post Reply