move over baby butter, Meet Jillie

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

putnamgardens

move over baby butter, Meet Jillie

Post by putnamgardens »

Because Ihave such a hard time sizing down my photos, here's onlu one pix of our new baby. We brought her home on April 1st. I fooled around and fell in love....never visit the humane society...memo to self. She was no bargin. She cost just $50 less than I paid for my purebred AKC Golden Retriever just three short years ago. She had humble beginings. A man was GIVING puppies away from the truck of his car. A good samaritian stopped and rescued her with two sister and one brother. I shot a photo of what was left of the litter and they all looked like black licorice jelly beans, sleeping in a pile. We named her "Jillie". It rythms with silly. She's so smart. She knows that after she does her business outdoors, that if she sits, she gets some kibble. HECK....we're hardly in the door and she's sitting there and doesn't move till she gets her "cookie". Dang she's got us trained already! Andy babysat all day yesterday (I was evaluating therapy dogs) and I warned him to be consistant with the commands. I tryed to call her in from outdoors this am without sucess and Andy came to the door and made a noise and she came a running. NOW I gotta learn to make that noise, WONDERFUL. They think the breed is border collie and blue healer. I will have my work cut out for me. Herding breeds have a blueprint of what they are supose to do instictually. I can't run through the house cuz she runs faster and cuts me off at the pass! When she nipped my heels and got a firm "no". I'm sure it won't be the last time she tries to herd me. I think she's going to make a fantastic agility dog. I'll see what I can do to learn how to size more photos for your viewing pleasure. Type at cha later, Love, Lisa
P.S. This photo was taken on the lap of our foster daughter, Angel. She has a white star on her chest but the toy in the photo is of toy call "chilly bone" for babies. You keep it in the freezer and give it to'm when they chew.
Attachments
DSCF3017-0005.JPG
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
tsbccowboy
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota 44°43'39.50"N 93°14'52.40"W

Re: move over baby butter, Meet Jillie

Post by tsbccowboy »

Lisa,

An easy way to resize a photo is to upload your photos to http://tinypic.com/

It gives you an option to resize your photo when you upload your photo to their site. You then copy the IMG code into your Hallson message. You could try the message board size to see how that works.

Try it out so we can see more photos,
Cowboy
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, Lisa!! Look at those feet!! :lol: You need to get the book *Controlled Unleashed*...I just got it on Amazon, and started reading today......it was highly recommended......

Bless you for the rescue.....I would be the same......LOL......I go to look at pups in Ohio on Wednesday.......LOVE puppies......You are such a good person for taking her....and doing agility with her......I like that name......CUTE!Give her a pat from me and Willie.....He did great at the CPE workshop this weekend.....in fact....he surprised me big time and I had to call Bro to brag....... :beer:

Hugs! :cool:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Awww, Lisa...she's gorgeous! Congrats on the new edition to your family! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Oh, how precious!!!!

Hope we get to see more photos and get a play-by-play of her growing up!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Action shot is where my 73 pound Golden Retriever is dominating my #10 power puppy, Jillie. She's doing super on potty training. She met a couple other small dogs about her size...but not for long. She loves to eat and will grow quickly past that poodle and shitzu. I was able to size down a few more photos. I think I can jazz my photo bucket site to add some puppy pixs. We're getting rain this am. JUST what the tulips needed. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
DSCF3022-0005.JPG
DSCF3043-0002.JPG
DSCF3043-0002.JPG (52.44 KiB) Viewed 9742 times
DSCF3028-0003.JPG
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Oh, Lisa...she is so cute! I can see why you couldn't resist her. Still no dog for me, and I'm still not ready to get one, but your Jillie sure makes it tempting!
I love herding dogs, mostly because every one I've had is really smart. My sheltie learned not to nip heels, especially since all my grandkids were little when we had her. She had cows and sheep to nip, so she didn't need to nip people. She herded the cats around the house, though.
Can't wait to watch Jillie grow up. It looks like Butter is having a good time with his new friend!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

Pretty........OC loves bigger dogs. So does Joy my Wife,and that is why we have a 120# Grate Dane. We Hallsonites LOVE pictures. Thanks for posting....... :D :D :D
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Love those pics! What a sweet face she has. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

It's hard to believe that we've had Jillie a month already. She's making progress!. We went to our first off leash dog park yesterday. She held her own even though she wanted me to pick her up. I'm not interfering with pack order...NOT me! She's weighing in at #17 pounds. She's able to do the stairs up ok but waits for her people for a trip down the steep flight. She's really tough on Scutter (baby butter) but Abby is continuing to put her in her place. She's always happy to see her pack. She continues to have sharp puppy teeth but knows she can't use them on her people or she gets rolled. I have two scabs on my nose from those teeth. Normally she's just a kisser. She loves her kennel. Twice last week I found her in it with the door open, chewing on a raw hide. She can still get through my confinement fence but comes to the rattle of Bil Jak container shaking as she is food driven. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
DSCF3020-0007.JPG
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer:
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

I missed this somehow. She is a great looking dog. You can sure see the blue heeler in her. Congrats on your new family member :beer: :beer:

I understand about the herding :o My Rat Terrier, Prissy tries to herd me and nip at my heels too. But, since they are pleaser dogs, when I tell her no she stops and gives me that hurt "Aww Mom, I was just playing" look :o :lol: :lol:

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Jillie now weighs #40. She can still get out of my confinement but we rigged our PVC fence with cable ties and coated chicken wire to prevent her from going "visiting" without her handler. Lucky for us we live on a dead end, dirt road with only one neighbor on our street. The photo of Jillie with our cat is old. She was just a baby there. She still loves her kitty though. She grooms the cats face, daily, especially after she eats her wet chow. Scutter seeks santuary in his agilty tunnel so our Husky can't bite one end and Jillie the other. She's gotten to be quite the frisbee catcher. She has a good "leave" and knows what "wait" means. She's getting up in chairs and did her first un official pet visit at a "rehab" center near our home. She's 7 months old already. I remember when she was 8 weeks. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
close up of Jillie.jpg
close up of Jillie.jpg (39.96 KiB) Viewed 9384 times
scutter and Jillie in tunnel.jpg
scutter and Jillie in tunnel.jpg (56.71 KiB) Viewed 9384 times
she LOVES that kat.jpg
she LOVES that kat.jpg (50.02 KiB) Viewed 9384 times
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I loved the pic's......she is so cool looking!! Thanks for sharing!! :beer:
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

The most photographed puppy in the world.
Attachments
baby jillie to scale w shoe.jpg
baby jillie to scale w shoe.jpg (32.76 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
baby loves her ball.jpg
baby Jillie sit.jpg
baby Jillie sit.jpg (33.15 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Today and every day is a dogs day
That's my partner in hosta crimes husband, NOT ZZ Top with Jillie in his arms
White dog is NOT ours....that pack ran together on Labor Day weekend
Attachments
baby jillie and jim.jpg
baby jillie and jim.jpg (29.64 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
Jillie baby.jpg
andy at hell hole with S & J-1.jpg
andy at hell hole with S & J-1.jpg (16.38 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Last of the photo flurry.
Attachments
Jillie sad face.jpg
Jillie sad face.jpg (30.33 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
pretty baby at daddys feet.jpg
bonded pair.jpg
bonded pair.jpg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

So I had to brag. Jillie and I completed 10 weeks of Obedience lessons. We were tied for 2nd place at the graduation dog show. We had a heel off and the liver and white English Springer Spaniel had a straight sit and Jillie a crooked, hence the third place ribbon over 10 dogs. I wanted her to be my fly ball dog but they never contacted me so we're off to agility. She's got an advantage over the other pooches cuz she LOVES her tunnel and tetter todder already. Yesterday was a year that she's joined the pack. She's the love of my life next to Andy....Abby and Scutter. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
scutter and Jillie in tunnel.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

You brag away!! Congrats!! She is so lucky to have you!!
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

My Jillie and I past our TDI therapy dog test last Friday. She was "on" to please her mama and was very attentive and her loving self. The good news is it only cost $5- to register an additional dog verses $35- per dog, per year. The photo I submitted for her I.D. card is her profile. The didn't want "costume's" in the picture so the red on her neck could possibly be argued a collar. NOW, Jillie can join me for community appearances like the one Scutter and I attended at the Mall of America. It was for MS awareness day. We were suppose to wear orange. The Sammie in the background is a friend of mine too. ANYWAY....just wanted to report the brag about Jillie's new title. P.S. TDI stands for Therapy Dog International.
Attachments
001-2.JPG
001-2.JPG (15.5 KiB) Viewed 9115 times
not the best of Andy-1.jpg
not the best of Andy-1.jpg (19.83 KiB) Viewed 9115 times
me and jerry at MOA for MS.jpg
New Topic Post Reply