CURVES???

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

patsue53

CURVES???

Post by patsue53 »

I just joined Curves. Has anyone else here tried it? I like the fast pace of it and that you're in an out of there in half an hour......I just hope it's effective. I figure any exercise is better than none so it can't hurt but would like to hear other's opinions. :D
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

A couple other folks recommended this and they love it. I opted to do W. Pilate instead as speed and comfort is not what this old gal needs for her old bones. :wink: If I was younger maybe I'd join you!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

My mother and my sister both do Curves, mom being 69, and they both love it! Mom has never been able to lose inches in her waist untiol she started Curves.
Every day a new adventure!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

When I was there on Saturday morning it was pretty busy. There were folks there from skinny to fat, 30's to 80's. So far I'm really liking it. :)
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Hey Pat!!! How's it going?
DH just called, and he's signing all 4 of us up at a fittness place in Valpo :o :???:
Now the next time Russell is drooling over the "One Hot Mama" video.... I can tell him.... That's gonna be ME one day! :lol: :lol:
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

That's great, Deb!! It'll be fun to go as a family! I fell off the Curves wagon over the holidays but jumped back on last week. I'm going to really try to keep it up. :oops:
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

I did Curves for about eight months, but found that no matter how hard I tried I never broke into a sweat. And to be totally honest, I got really bored with the same routine every time.

After my membership expired, I joined a local, family-owned gym 5 minutes from my house and I just love it. I'm really limited on what I can do because of my knees and feet, so I do from 20-40 minutes on an ellpitical trainer (virtually no impact!!!!), which is fast becoming addicting!!! Then I do different weight equipment, alternating from day to day. To break the routine, sometimes I do 30 minutes on a bike or walk on a treadmill.

I love it so much better than Curves... but keep in mind that's just my opinion :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
New Topic Post Reply